Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Verizon blocking FM Radio?

You have to remember that VZW did NOT want to carry this phone at all! So while they finally carry it, they are going to punish us for buying it!

Why wouldn't Verizon want to carry this phone?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    Why wouldn't Verizon want to carry this phone?
    Don't you remember the storm and problems between Verizon and the consumers with the Droid DNA?

Yeeeeeah, that's why.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

The motorola droid 3 and droid binic had fm radio working just fine when you download the app

April 29 2014 : I am using the HTC One M8 by Verizon. FM Radio was not installed.
    On another site I discovered that other carriers use the NextRadio app. At first, the NextRadio app wouldn't Install because it is not allowed on my Verizon phone.
    So, I sneakily found the APK on internet.
    From the website I downloaded the file to my Verizon HTC M8. Using a file manager, I located the file on phone, tapped it, and it installed with no problem
    I am listening to the FM radio as I type this.
    Attached copy of the file.
    regards from Marla
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just purchased my HTC One from VZW and it didn't have the FM tuner app like my Thunderbolt did. My research indicated that the HTC One does have an FM tuner but the automatons at the VZW store didn't have a collective clue to confirm whether theirs did. I took the chance and bought it anyway and was disappointed to not find the app UNTIL I saw the message about NextRadio. I installed it and was tuning in to local stations right away.

I tried this on my M7 and it didnt work. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Marla Bond View Post
    April 29 2014 : I am using the HTC One M8 by Verizon. FM Radio was not installed.
    On another site I discovered that other carriers use the NextRadio app. At first, the NextRadio app wouldn't Install because it is not allowed on my Verizon phone.
    So, I sneakily found the APK on internet.
    From the website I downloaded the file to my Verizon HTC M8. Using a file manager, I located the file on phone, tapped it, and it installed with no problem
    I am listening to the FM radio as I type this.
    Attached copy of the file.
    regards from Marla

If you're still interested in an FM radio app, Verizon (and all carriers as a matter of fact) just enabled their FM tuner for the HTC One M8's. I highly recommend NextRadio, it's a new radio app that is extremely innovative and interactive, and it doesn't use up data or battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by AMcKinley12 View Post
    If you're still interested in an FM radio app, Verizon (and all carriers as a matter of fact) just enabled their FM tuner for the HTC One M8's. I highly recommend NextRadio, it's a new radio app that is extremely innovative and interactive, and it doesn't use up data or battery life.
    Not on the M7. Still won't work. I read on another site where a Oklahoma user was wanting it because a tornado was coming and they could use it to monitor the local stations. Really Verizon? The all mighty dollar is more important than saved lives?
    I hate Ihart app because you get double dipped for the ads. Both the station and the app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12