How is the Reception?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I live in a very weak signal area. Everyone here has to stand outside for a chance to keep their calls active. How is the cell signal on the One? Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Correction: How is the reception on the one?

Last edited:

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How is the signal?

I think that would differ from area to area. I'm in the city and using this phone right now is perfectly fine, not that I have ever experienced issues here.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: How is the signal?

I think that would differ from area to area. I'm in the city and using this phone right now is perfectly fine, not that I have ever experienced issues here.

I guess a better question is how is the reception?

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So far (as in the last 3 hours I have had it) the reception, I assume your asking about 4G, is very good. The city I live in has good to very good LTE coverage and compared to my GNex I just upgraded from its way better at times or just as good. I think the most surprising thing about the coverage so far is the wifi, it seems to reach networks about 100-200ft further than the GNex did and can hold onto the connection way better.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So far (as in the last 3 hours I have had it) the reception, I assume your asking about 4G, is very good. The city I live in has good to very good LTE coverage and compared to my GNex I just upgraded from its way better at times or just as good. I think the most surprising thing about the coverage so far is the wifi, it seems to reach networks about 100-200ft further than the GNex did and can hold onto the connection way better.

Thanks but I am talking "call" reception, not 4G.

scoobysnack

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The reception is outstanding. I live up in the boondocks in CA. I have a 16 mile road that I travel daily that has spotty reception at best. The GS4 that I have been using prior constantly drops calls (I expect this where I live however) I would rarely see 1 bar of 4g then drop to nothing.

My trip home today with the One was amazing. The phone held several bars of 4g almost all the way home. I ran speed test to make sure it wasn't a fluke and I was getting great up and down. I was honestly not expecting any difference between the 2 when it came to signal strength but I'm pleasantly surprised!

Scoob

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The reception is outstanding. I live up in the boondocks in CA. I have a 16 mile road that I travel daily that has spotty reception at best. The GS4 that I have been using prior constantly drops calls (I expect this where I live however) I would rarely see 1 bar of 4g then drop to nothing.

My trip home today with the One was amazing. The phone held several bars of 4g almost all the way home. I ran speed test to make sure it wasn't a fluke and I was getting great up and down. I was honestly not expecting any difference between the 2 when it came to signal strength but I'm pleasantly surprised!

Scoob

Thanks :) FYI, The bars indicate the call strength, not 4G. So you can hold a call without it dropping? Samsung arent the best for reception to start with.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks :) FYI, The bars indicate the call strength, not 4G. So you can hold a call without it dropping? Samsung arent the best for reception to start with.

^^^This! Another of the admittedly just a few reasons I didn't jump to the S4 and waited for the ONE. I kept my Thunderbolt probably longer than I should have but the damned thing was built like a tank and could make a call from the bottom of a well or the top of a mountain. Despite Verizon's inexplicable dislike of HTC their phones perform in spite of Big Red's attempts to bury them.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the Thunderbolt, DNA and now the S4. The Sammy always shows a weaker signal but has never dropped a call. Makes me wonder if the signal indicator shows a weaker signal than reality.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
in my experience it was not any better than the note2 that I was using probably about the same . and neither one is as good as my wifes old resound. that being said the note 2 and the one both get really good signal just not the very best .