Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Frankie15
  • 1 Post By karn101
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

Default Camera Questions

If anyone can confirm this for me - I have been playing with the phone for a few hours and just decided to try the camera. It was around 8pm so the light was low. But immediately I noticed on the screen that it had a sort of purple/grunge sort of pattern laid all over the screen. I thought maybe the screen had a sticker on it that was distorting the colors. But i couldn't find anything. Not only that, but any thing that is a stronger source of light is completely washed out in pictures. It's hard to describe. I am not too familiar with this new lens technology that HTC is using, but is this normal in low light?

I have been waiting on this phone, but if this is "normal" i'll return it and wait for 4.3 on my dna.

I hope someone can give me a heads up before tomorrow so I know if to go fiddle with the one at the store or not.

Default Re: Camera Questions

in the camera app, there is a colorful button bottom left of screen. check to see what mode you are in. you can set different color modes there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

Thanks for the response but after doing some research it seems that this is a widespread problem. I am in normal profile factory settings. Like it said, it's not a color reproduction of an image or color on an image. It's in the actual display itself too, only in camera mode. I have also seen that HTC said it's software, but people on other carriers who received updates said that the issue is still there.

Take a look below.. at that link. That's what i'm talking about. I"m about to go back to my DNA. Pissed me the hell off.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...a-issues-5.jpg

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alcor34 View Post
    Thanks for the response but after doing some research it seems that this is a widespread problem. I am in normal profile factory settings. Like it said, it's not a color reproduction of an image or color on an image. It's in the actual display itself too, only in camera mode. I have also seen that HTC said it's software, but people on other carriers who received updates said that the issue is still there.

Take a look below.. at that link. That's what i'm talking about. I"m about to go back to my DNA. Pissed me the hell off.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...a-issues-5.jpg
    Is that a ghost!?

Trade it in for another. I don't get that at all.

Anyone having a problem with the camera in low light showing purple/red tinge in low light shots? Pretty discouraged right now. Here's a thread on xda about it.

covering your lens during a pic should show an all black image. I am getting red tinge all over. What about you guys?

roadwarriormi likes this.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie15 View Post
    Anyone having a problem with the camera in low light showing purple/red tinge in low light shots? Pretty discouraged right now. Here's a thread on xda about it.

covering your lens during a pic should show an all black image. I am getting red tinge all over. What about you guys?

Covering my lens gets me pure black. Exchange it.
    roadwarriormi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    Covering my lens gets me pure black. Exchange it.
    Ugh I was afraid of this. I'm terrified of exchanging it and having a good camera and then I get stuck with dead pixels. My screen will be black for a few seconds, but eventually turns red after 10 seconds. Yours stays completely black? Obviously this in itself isn't a problem but it demonstrates why I get red tinge in some shots.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie15 View Post
    Ugh I was afraid of this. I'm terrified of exchanging it and having a good camera and then I get stuck with dead pixels. My screen will be black for a few seconds, but eventually turns red after 10 seconds. Yours stays completely black? Obviously this in itself isn't a problem but it demonstrates why I get red tinge in some shots.
    I held it for a while and it became purple, but very faint. Still, on normal shots I don't get any of those problems.

Just tried it with my DNA and it doesn't turn purple. How would you like me to test this for you? Take low-light pictures? Or images of white and see how the tint is?

Take low light photos. I tried taking some in my bedroom with all the lights off but the TV on. It produced a lot of red tinge on the sides. My old Bionic can take the same picture fine without any red tinge.
    Thanks for your help!

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

The image below is from the One. It does seem a bit warm.

This next one is from the DNA.

Still prefer the One.

I'm at work so not much opportunity for a low-light picture. I'll try later.

Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    The image below is from the One. It does seem a bit warm.

This next one is from the DNA.

Still prefer the One.

I'm at work so not much opportunity for a low-light picture. I'll try later.
    in that Pic the one is better-

i have no problems with my pictures, like he said take it back and get a new one

This is what a HTC support told me after my issue on the purple tint today:

"Thank you for contacting HTC.

We understand your concern about the purple pink red tint showing whenever you take pictures in low light Juan. Don't worry we are more than glad to assist you.

Regarding your inquiry, this issue has already been addressed by HTC main office but we would need to perform troubleshooting on your device and if the issue still persists we would need to have it diagnosed first at the authorized local service center to isolate the problem. This is a software issue and HTC would be releasing an update over the air anytime soon to have it fixed."

Posted via Android Central App

If you're within your return time than exchange it. My One is great. No issues

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

I had some weird issues with low light pictures turning red on my Dinc in low light. It would never appear in the viewfinder though, only after taking the picture, and my camera was great in the day. The organic nature of that pattern leads me to believe that there's some kind of glue on the lens or even the sensor! No way in hell that's digital noise. Especially if you get the same pattern on every picture - is this the case, just out of curiosity? I like HTC enough to let them know if they have a serious manufacturing issue like that. Either way, exchange it ASAP. Don't go back to the DNA unless you absolutely have to.

FWIW my phone is startingly good in low light. I was just messing around yesterday after sunset, the whole yard looked grey to my eyes, but looking through my phone was like using a starlight scope - could see all the colors, it looked just like a heavy HDR shot from daytime.

I'm guessing its the camera trying to let in whatever light it can and get a picture. Why would you take pictures of the lens completely covered?