HTC One noitifcations

gus74

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android. Finally got away from the iPhone. The one thing I miss is when my iphone received a notification the screen would show part of the message. With the HTC One you have to hit the power button and then see it in the lock screen. Does anyone know of an app or setting where I can do this? I tried Active Notifications but it doesn't seem to work with 4.2. Also is there away to get rid of blinkfeed? Thanks!!!

gus74

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the response. It is enabled and still a black screen when a message comes in. It vibrates but nothing pops up.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings, personalize, lock screen style, set it for productivity lock screen. That will give you a preview of messages, emails, etc.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Load Go SMS Pro - it provides a pop up - over the lock screen if necessary. I tried to go stock sms message app and I didn't like it. I like the pop up where I can just quickly reply and not have to open the thread.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
He wants his screen to wake when he gets a notification. I think you should look into the Moto X if that's truly what you want.

I've seen it on custom ROMs so that's another possibility for you as well if you feel like waiting.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
He wants his screen to wake when he gets a notification. I think you should look into the Moto X if that's truly what you want.

I've seen it on custom ROMs so that's another possibility for you as well if you feel like waiting.

No need to for the X or a custom ROM. GoSMS like mentioned above, or Handcent will do what the OP wants.

Handcent on the PLay Store

malikshuman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to see blinkfeed, zoom out your home screens like your adding a widget then hold the screen you want to be your default. Drag it to set as home and if you don't scroll all the way to the left you'll never see blinkfeed. I don't understand why people don't like it though, I personally use it a lot.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Use any of the SMS apps in the Play Store. Try Glowfly or Sliding Messaging. Those are two of my favorites, but they aren't free.

gus74

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I found exactly what I was looking in another AC forum. It's called SmsAwake. Does anyone know why you can't send a 5 second video through text?

AnneDroyd

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I found exactly what I was looking in another AC forum. It's called SmsAwake. Does anyone know why you can't send a 5 second video through text?

Probably because you're trying to send a full HD video. if you're on the one you have to actually go into the camera settings and select MMS for your video quality and then it'll be able to send unlike an iPhone where is even if you take a video in high def its still compresses it into a lesser quality automatically for you.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

gus74

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
So I changed it to mms quality and wow is it bad. Is there an app where it will act like the iPhone and compress it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463