1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Already SIM Unlocked

Anyone else notice that the One is already SIM unlocked? I got mine yesterday and for kicks decided to drop in my Vodafone Italia SIM card and it came right up roaming on AT&T ... no prompting or codes required!

No idea if it will work with domestic SIM cards though.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Default Re: Already SIM Unlocked

Does data work while roaming? Would be very interesting to see if the HTC One would work off an active Tmobile or AT&T Straight Talk SIM card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Yeah, I didn't try data ... just voice and SMS. I'd have to activate my data plan on the account. I only have the card for the occasional trip to Italy. I'll let someone else try it out.

Every Verizon 4G phone is SIM unlocked for Voice. Data is a wildcard. My Rezound would only pick up EDGE on T-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by gerrya View Post
    Every Verizon 4G phone is SIM unlocked for Voice. Data is a wildcard. My Rezound would only pick up EDGE on T-mobile
    Data will work on the Verizon HTC One.

Just like all the other carrier HTC One's the phone is equipped with GSM radios. This way it can work overseas with overseas SIM cards. See below for the specifications from Verizon. It has the GSM radio so it should be able to pick up HSPA on T-Mobile and AT&T.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Already SIM Unlocked-1377865764675.jpg  

ROM
    GummyCharged

On T-Mobile you will only get EDGE unless you are in an area where T-Mobile had deployed 1900. Tmobiles HSPA runs on the 1700 band. I know they were rolling out on 1900 but I don't know how many areas

Sent From My HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by derichio02 View Post
    On T-Mobile you will only get EDGE unless you are in an area where T-Mobile had deployed 1900. Tmobiles HSPA runs on the 1700 band. I know they were rolling out on 1900 but I don't know how many areas

Sent From My HTC One
    This is true... But people were saying you couldn't at all. You definitely can.. Just have to look into the network coverage at that point.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

I'm using a straight talk att sim in my verizon htc one. I can only get edge data and mms does not work.