Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question broken clock

Picked up the One a few days ago, new, and from the first time I turned it on it's had this issue.
    The clock doesn't run when the phone is not being actively used. For instance, if at 9:00 I pull the phone out of my pocket and use it for 5 minutes, the clock will correctly read 9:05 when I put it down. However, if at 9:00 I put the phone down for 5 minutes, at 9:05 when I pick it back up it will still read 9:00. The functionality seems completely tied to whether the phone is awake or asleep.
    Additionally, a few times throughout the course of the day, seemingly randomly, the phone will set itself to the proper time, but then the problem will continue as noted before. Still has the issue if I manually set the time, and as soon as I set it back to autoset, it goes back to the wrong time.
    So far HTC tech support has been unhelpful (safe mode does not solve it), so I'm asking here, too.
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    Thanks!

Default Re: broken clock

Try pressing and holding the power button down until the phone comes back on. Once it comes on, release button, let phone boot, and see if that helps.

Maybe try a factory reset.

Posted via Samsung S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Unfortunately no success with either of the above.

Maybe try clearing the cache in recovery.

Posted via Samsung S3

What clock and home screen set up are you using? I ask this because if you're using the flip clock it will not update the time until you're watching to show off that it is a flip clock and it wants you to see the numbers flip. Try using a different clock or home screen type.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Still no good, thank you for the suggestions though. Other ideas?
    I'm not too solidly sure how these things work, but is it possible that this is a hardware problem and I just have a faulty unit?

Well that's always a possibility. Do far I'm guessing that you have only used the stock widget, but have you tried a third party app? Does someone else in you home have a Verizon phone? I only ask because a quick Google shows similar issues due to tower issues. To prove our did prove the tower problem does it happen anywhere and everywhere? If it both happens in other locations and third party apps don't keep time, I'd say you have a hardware or software problem and should seek replacement.
    GL, let us know how it turns out.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Under settings then power there is a check block that turns off data during inactivity. Not sure if that will fix it at all but you could try to uncheck that.

Have you turned off fast reboot?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    Well that's always a possibility. Do far I'm guessing that you have only used the stock widget, but have you tried a third party app? Does someone else in you home have a Verizon phone? I only ask because a quick Google shows similar issues due to tower issues. To prove our did prove the tower problem does it happen anywhere and everywhere? If it both happens in other locations and third party apps don't keep time, I'd say you have a hardware or software problem and should seek replacement.
    GL, let us know how it turns out.
    Nope, third party apps also have this problem. And it occurs anywhere and everywhere. Meanwhile, my old phone, verizon htc incredible, is serving as my alarm clock because it keeps the time just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Army21 View Post
    Under settings then power there is a check block that turns off data during inactivity. Not sure if that will fix it at all but you could try to uncheck that.
    Doesn't seem to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathertime View Post
    Have you turned off fast reboot?
    Tried and denied.

I'm in dialogue with htc tech support but they are... slow in how they are going about trying to fix this. I'm thinking that there's a bigger problem here, and I'm just going to need to get a new unit. We'll see how they feel about that.

Thanks all for the suggestions!