1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One and Microsoft Exchange issues

Does anyone using this phone with Exchange have problems getting the mail app to save the Exchange password? Sometimes it will work - most of the time it does not.

Default Re: HTC One and Microsoft Exchange issues

I thought I was the only one having this problem. I get a failure message where it wants me to keep inputting my password but keeps failing . Other times it asks me for a name for my account which I clearly put in when I set it up. Usually a reboot fixes the problem. I really wish I could fix this as this is my work email

Posted via Android Central App

I haven't had any issues with Exchange. I manually check for new email instead of a push schedule.

Mine works fine with push settings. No password issue. I setup my account manually instead of automatically. You might want to try that. You need to get he domain and server info correct.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I was able to fix my problem by changing my Exchange password. I have had no issues since changing the password on my phone. Go figure.

Sometimes it works for me for a few days or just resetting the phone but it always happens again a day or 2 later. FYI I have used it on every smart phone I have had prior. Gs3, galaxy nexus, droid razr max, etc without issues

I have a client who I set one up for the other day - I didn't have any issues, and if she had issues I would know about it. I liked the phone so much, I thought about jumping the s4 ship over to the One, but the fact there is an issue with exchange is a deal breaker until an update is pushed.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Keep in mind that this password issue on an exchange account is usually always with the "policy" of the exchange administrator. This is not a phone issue! This is controlled the the companies IT administrator.
    Thanked by:
    murof 

Quote Originally Posted by mikej7 View Post
    Keep in mind that this password issue on an exchange account is usually always with the "policy" of the exchange administrator. This is not a phone issue! This is controlled the the companies IT administrator.
    Interesting. All I know is I never had an issue until this phone and I have zero issues logging in through the Web. My issue has seemed to have disappeared though. I haven't had it show for the last 4 days

Banned

I haven't had any issues with my exchange account.