Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BBSeattle
  • 2 Post By philly
  • 1 Post By BygSii
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Default Can Anyone Confirm Nokia HD Mic in Verizon HTC One?

hello all,

I remember hearing a while ago that the HTC Ones for Sprint and AT&T have the Nokia HD microphone in them. Then about, I wanna say six months ago, Nokia wanted only Windows Phones to have those mics in them, and stopped selling these mics to HTC.

So the only way to tell if the Verizon HTC One has this mic is to test its video recording of something at a high volume next to a Sprint or AT&T version, and compare. Anyone have access to both models/or know anything about this?

Default Re: Can Anyone Confirm Nokia HD Mic in Verizon HTC One?

I have no idea but am really curious why you are asking.
    BygSii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    I have no idea but am really curious why you are asking.
    because he wants to know if they have the same highly touted microphone or a newer possibly worse microphone.

is your question even serious?

I just ordered this phone.. and this is probably my #1 concern.
    BBSeattle and BygSii like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

The difference could be night and day (WARNING! BLOW YOUR SPEAKER ALERT! PLAY AT LOW VOLUME!

Here is the article
    BBSeattle likes this.

Yes it is serious, thank you for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    because he wants to know if they have the same highly touted microphone or a newer possibly worse microphone.

is your question even serious?

I just ordered this phone.. and this is probably my #1 concern.

I would like to know as well. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BygSii View Post
    hello all,

I remember hearing a while ago that the HTC Ones for Sprint and AT&T have the Nokia HD microphone in them. Then about, I wanna say six months ago, Nokia wanted only Windows Phones to have those mics in them, and stopped selling these mics to HTC.

So the only way to tell if the Verizon HTC One has this mic is to test its video recording of something at a high volume next to a Sprint or AT&T version, and compare. Anyone have access to both models/or know anything about this?
    I don't know if this will help, in fact, you might be the same person I already talked to about this issue, but I asked HTC about this back when Verizon finally confirmed the launch (the question in the picture was answered between VZ's announcement and the launch). I've checked my serial number on my phone (via SNDeepInfo website) and my VZ HTC One that i bought on release day (Aug 22) was manufactured on 7/19/2013. So going by how HTC answered my question, I'm pretty confident it does have the HDR mic.

Btw, and I don't mean to correct you, but Nokia was never selling the mics to HTC. They were selling the mics to STM Electronics under the agreement that STM not sell them to anyone else until after a period of time. STM broke that agreement and sold to HTC, but HTC didn't know about Nokia's agrement so they were allowed to keep supplying the handsets with the remaining stock they bought. By the way they answered me on Facebook it sort of sounds like they haven't depleted that stock as of the day I asked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can Anyone Confirm Nokia HD Mic in Verizon HTC One?-hdr-mic.jpg  
    Thanked by:

I went to a Queens of the Stone Age concert on Thursday. It was LOUD. My eardrums were shaking. But guess what? No distortion on the videos I took, and it sounds amazing. Even having read about the HDR mic, I couldn't believe how well it came out. So, no worries, folks! I don't know whether our phones actually have the STM mic, or if we have the replacement they came up with, but either way, this thing rocks!