Can't disable stock calendar notifications?

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Google calendar and I keep getting 2 notifications for scheduled events. 1 is the Google calendar and the other is the stock calendar. I have turned off notifications in Stock app, stopped the stock app from syncing with everything. It won't let you disable it. I did disable the stock calendar widget. The stock calendar is completely blank but it still shows notifications. Is there a way to stop it?
Thanks in advance.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Short of disabling it, I haven't found a way. You should try syncing it with Google Calendar again and turning off Google Calendar's notifications.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Google calendar and I keep getting 2 notifications for scheduled events. 1 is the Google calendar and the other is the stock calendar. I have turned off notifications in Stock app, stopped the stock app from syncing with everything. It won't let you disable it. I did disable the stock calendar widget. The stock calendar is completely blank but it still shows notifications. Is there a way to stop it?
Thanks in advance.

Scott has the best idea if the stock app can't be disabled.

vailmc

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Took me a while to figure this out. In the stock calendar, under "Settings", "Reminder Settings", make sure that the "All calendars" check box is checked. Then set "Set alerts & notifications" to "off". If the "All calendars" box is not checked, it will not disable the notification. Hope that works.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Took me a while to figure this out. In the stock calendar, under "Settings", "Reminder Settings", make sure that the "All calendars" check box is checked. Then set "Set alerts & notifications" to "off". If the "All calendars" box is not checked, it will not disable the notification. Hope that works.
That did it!! Much appreciated, I don't think I would have tried that configuration, pretty backwards.

Mr_Pique

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

Worked for me on my HTC M7. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey