Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with the mysterious faint ringing?

I haven't seen this posted here but if has already been covered I apologize. Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't figure out what was ringing. Finally put my HTC One up to my ear and the faint ringing was coming from the ear side speaker on the phone. Happened again later on in the day. It doesn't stop even when the device is powered off. I have to place a call for it to stop. Today is the last day of my return period so I must part ways because it seems like it has been a problem with the HTC DNA for a very long time and it has yet to be resolved.

VZW HTC ONE Ringing problem forum
    https://community.verizonwireless.co...art=0&tstart=0

VZW DROID DNA Forum
    https://community.verizonwireless.co...art=0&tstart=0

If it gets fixed maybe I will reconsider. Bugged because I already bought a case and screen protector. Already had the device replaced once because the rear camera wouldn't focus. Not a good experience so far!

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Default Re: Problem with the mysterious faint ringing?

When my girlfriend gets home and If I have time, I'll post the video of the same thing happening to me as I was traveling from one city to another. My phone went from 4g lte, to 3g, to 1x, back to 3g, as we got closer, 4g lte, and that's when my phone started the faint ringing. I made it stop by doing a hard reset. Only happened once in two weeks.