Coming from iPhone

djpatrickb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had the One for about 2 weeks now and I can honestly say I am very impressed. I am coming from 3 years with an iPhone and honestly had no plans in switching. My partner and I had an upgrade available on our account and he talked me into getting this phone (I had been eyeing it for some time). This phone is big, bright and fast! Before the iPhone I was a Droid X user and with it came a lot of problems with storage and slowness. I was so frustrated I made the move to the iPhone and I can say that I never had any issues with it. One thing I can say about Apple products is they are built to last. I was nervous making the switch back to Android given my past history with it but I can tell that these phones have come a long way since the Droid X. I still have it in my mind that I will go back to my iPhone someday (especially with iOS7 coming out), but right now I am content with the HTC One. Some things I find an advantage over the iPhone are the camera (especially in low lighting), screen size, widgets and customization. I also love the TV app which can control my TV viewing.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was just having something to eat in the local bar and when the bartender was busy I changed the channel... funny. the days of asking are over-.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, glad to see you made it over from the "Dark Side".....LOL
I can understand a prior Apple user being impressed with Android. What's funny is watching an Android user trying to go to Apple.
It would be like driving a BMW 100 miles than being asked to ride a bicycle the same distance.
Glad to have ya here, grab a beer and enjoy the best Android site on the planet.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have never used an iAnything, but I have those friends who do. One was an Android user, and switched for the same reason as the OP. They had the X and it was crap, and their first smartphone so they switched to an iPhone. After the switch I asked how they were liking it and they said that even with the issues their X had they missed a lot of the things the OP said they were enjoying. Customizing, widgets, screen size, and so on. The thing is though that my friend quickly became accustom to her iPhone because, and this is just my opinion, because she didn't do much with her phone to begin with. It was never a tool for her. She didn't scan barcodes for more info on products or to find deals, she barely used GasBuddy, only when pressed by her husband would look up places to eat out, or look up anything even though the internet was right there in her pocket. In her own words the iPhone was simple, and easy to use for FaceBook, texts, and the occasional email. I was really disappointed when she was no longer missing her Android, but it just proves that peoples needs are different and there is a device for everyone. Even if it's not Android.

FireRunner

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to be in the same boat. I've had the iPhone since 3GS and I've really loved the iPhone (even talked at least 20-25 people over the years into buying one), but lately the phone and its upgraded models are not impressive at all. I have had my eye on the HTC One since launch and I can't wait to get it. I have a packed schedule but I hope I get one maybe Saturday or Friday afternoon!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
One of the headlining articles today was a comparison between the iPhone 5, the One and the new Note. Check it out.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I can understand a prior Apple user being impressed with Android. What's funny is watching an Android user trying to go to Apple.
It would be like driving a BMW 100 miles than being asked to ride a bicycle the same distance.

That's a good analogy actually.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good analogy actually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance