Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Official 4.0.2 Rooted

Default HTC One on Verizon battery issue - System *wakelock* draining battery

I got my Verizon HTC One 2 weeks ago and the battery has been awesome! About 15 hours before I'm at 20% or so with moderate to heavy usage! Kills my old GNex! Everything is stock.

So 2 days ago I woke up to my phone plugged in overnight and it only had charged to 80%. Then the battery life was terrible all day. It's been like that ever since.

I installed GSam Battery to see what was hogging th ebattery and it seems 98% of the usage is coming from apps. Then specifically it says 67% of that is coming from System (*wakelock*). It says that's using the CPU for hours on end and includes AudioOut in the details and the mediaservice process.

The thing is, I don't see any of my apps that use audio running in the background under Settings --> Apps --> Running.

Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks for your help!

Default Re: HTC One on Verizon battery issue - System *wakelock* draining battery

Mine is doing the same thing. Checked mine this morning with no use after charge and it shows that and dialer is my #2 power use.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Official 4.0.2 Rooted

Default Re: HTC One on Verizon battery issue - System *wakelock* draining battery

Let me know if you figure it out. Verizon's sending me a new phone by Tuesday, fortunately.