HTC One on Network Extender fading voice?

texchap

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Not good guys, I went all the way through Tier 3 tech support. The issue is with the phone. They tried to increase power to the Extender, believe it or not the fade happened when I called them to report the results. They recommended a replacement. I have a galaxy s4 (insist on 32 gb they'll try to pawn off a 16gb) It wasn't the best of experiences. The customer service person at first gaffed off the recommendation of the tier 3 and kept insisting it wasn't policy to replace one device with another. I had to demand to talk to a supervisor, she checked came back and told us (I was on with store manager) that she could. To top it off she sent it to an address that I haven't lived at in 6 years. Luckily I caught it and called back. This has been a fiasco.

Jon Privatt

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
No, you're not alone!

Both my wife and I have experienced this on a nearly continuous basis since we got the HTC One. The volume goes up and down a few times after a call is made and then usually stays so low you can't hear the other person. This seems to be a problem only with the combination of the HTC One and the this particular wireless extender. Other people have used the Wireless extender when they're over and had no problems... unless they own an HTC One.

Strangely enough, even working off the Verizon towers, you can still hear a slight yo-yo-ing of the sound level during a call... it is very subtle. It is almost as if there is some sort of volume auto-compensation code in place.

Tried working with Verizon and HTC, HTC is extremely rude and claims their phones are "as is" and don't guarantee that they will work with anything else. Verizon has been a bit more helpful and tried a number of things since August including replacing the phones, but really the only thing that fixes it is to pull the plug on the wireless extender and work off the towers... although they are weak in our area.

A couple of patches ago, it magically started working, so I assumed it was a permanent fix. Unfortunately, this week the problem has returned and with a vengeance; it is worse than ever. The volume now drops to such a low level that even with the speaker phone turned on you can barely hear the caller. As a bonus, now the phone calls are contaminated with a large amount of static to boot. The extender still works great with my friend's phones but I've had to just pull the plug on it and lean up against an outside wall to get my calls to go through.

Eight months of this non-sense is about enough. I can't believe they still have found a solution.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that after the kitkat update it seemed to have gotten better, but about a week ago my wife complained about it once again. I have given in to using my Bluetooth headset all the time while at home on the extender. Verizon knows about the issue but they really don't have an answer. I guess if you push hard enough they will give a different phone, but I don't really want a different phone unless it's an M8:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DougOhio

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have 2 cell phones - the old and new HTC One (work and personal) - and they both have this problem with the extender. I just got the extender 3 days ago. Is it true that it isn't as bad with Bluetooth? I haven't been able to recreate the problem with Bluetooth yet.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have never had the issue with my Bluetooth headset and my HTC One M7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22