One vs G2

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I like the less "cartoonish" UI of the One. Although there are some features of the G2 that are intriguing. I do find the camera to be lacking in the One. I would love the have the knock on/off feature for the One. The quick toggles look a more advance on the G2. Better battery life would be great as well.

Screen size between the two is not a big issue for me. The speakers on the One are great, but not a deal breaker to me. I like the build of the One, being all aluminum.

Sounds like the G2 might take be able to utilize the always on voice commands in the future. That would be nice.

Lastly I absolutely love my Seidio Active case for the One. Looks like verizon specific cases might be hard to come by right now. That would be problematic for me.

Probably won't mess with the hassle of returning right now. But I do have to admit I'd wish I'd thought about it a bit more before purchase.

Cayderayd

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The One has an absolutely fantastic screen and very good build quality that put it a step above (in my mind) pretty much any phone on the market.

I agree that the camera isn't great, but the app itself is well-made, and I like the system of sharing photos.

The other cool thing about the One is the Blinkfeed page, a news feed that is probably one of the only features that I prefer to stock from any manufacturer skins.

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar dillema (posted a thread before I saw this one). I am not a big fan of blink feed. The LG screen looked pretty good in the store. Wish I could see it in daylight. I like the weight of the one. I really wish the one could use the same 5 x 5 icon home screen that LG uses (same number of pixels after all). Just cant make up my mind).

Sorry if this post did not really add anything to the thread.

Posted via Android Central App

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I think if you guys would get rid of Sense 5 like I did and go with a launcher (NOVA Prime is what I use and love it) to bring more of a vanilla feel to your One. A lot less "cartoonish" icons and can change the size of said icons, use icon packs for those that want "cartoonish" icons, and --dun dun dunnnnn-- you can set the grid size for your desktop, dock, and app drawer. Sizzlin'

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I've heard the G2's guts, screen and speed are great; unfortunately it doesn't take much for me to not like something. In this case it's the buttons on the back (and the shiny plastic).
That alone will keep me from ever considering it. I can't imagine what the car dock manufacturers are going to do with this thing...no way to access the volume button.
Not to mention having to pick it up anytime you want to adjust volume or turn the screen off. Just not seeing it, LG's innovation may end up being a blunder...or not, time will tell.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I think if you guys would get rid of Sense 5 like I did and go with a launcher (NOVA Prime is what I use and love it) to bring more of a vanilla feel to your One. A lot less "cartoonish" icons and can change the size of said icons, use icon packs for those that want "cartoonish" icons, and --dun dun dunnnnn-- you can set the grid size for your desktop, dock, and app drawer. Sizzlin'

I never used the Facebook or Twitter widgets with the live updates on my previous phones, so I assumed that I would never use BlinkFeed for anything. As a result, I purchased Nova Launcher, and have no issues with it. I have always been a Sense fan, but with Sense 5, I did not want a "dead" home screen sitting there since I was not going to use BlinkFeed. Between the HTC One, and LG G2, I don't really think there is a wrong answer here. I will not deny that I love my One, but we have an LG display in my store with the G2, and I find it to be a nice phone. My wife is considering getting the LG G2, she presently has the Galaxy S3. On a side note, why did LG choose the G2 name, it seems like it doesn't make sense considering that HTC had a G2 in the past.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
For every good thing you hear about why to get the one over the G2 you will hear a good counter point on a G2 post... I chose the HTC one over the g2 and note 3 because it fit into my style and life more...
I listen to lots of music on speaker and headphones. I also like keeping up to date on FB and Instagram(blinkfeed), after a note 2 I desired a phone to use in one hand... So although the others phones are more advanced in multi tasking and power.. The one seems like more of a fit.

Things i will miss.. Battery life and expandable memory... Dealing with the loss of both is going to be a test that i will take and make my final decision on within my return period.. So far so good I'm loving this phone

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app