1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Isis payment system.

Hi.

Why is it that I can't find the Isis app on my phone and it appears as "not supported" on the store? Do I need to request a NFC SE SIM from Verizon? I know that this phones supports Isis because Verizon itself says it here:

Update: Even after installing another update on 11/26/13 (1.10.605.15) Isis still is not supported.
    Last edited by R01k; 11-26-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Default Re: HTC One Isis payment system.

It doesn't support it. I have an NFC card and still doesn't show and is not compatible

Sent From My HTC One On Verizon...
    HTC One - VZW
    Try Out DropBox, get your files when you need them, its free http://db.tt/LUr0eAv

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I complained to Verizon about that at the beginning of September. Discussed the issue with 2nd level support. They discussed it with HTC and I was told that the problem would be resolved after this October update that we have been receiving.

Doesn't seem any different to me.

From what I've read, ISIS is supposed to role out completely during the 4th quarter of this year (although what credit cards are going to be supported, I can't imagine since Capital One just cancelled their involvement). I figured once Verizon said that it was rolled out, then I'd see what didn't work and call and complain.

Of course, if Verizon would just give it up and let Google Wallet be able to access the NFC element, we might actually get mobile payments going. They seem to be still living in denial though, so we're forced to sit and watch the slow-motion-train-wreck-happening-in-front-of-us waiting for it to completely burn to ashes before we'll have any hope of that happening...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Two Verzion reps told me that my phone didn't support Isis. I had to send the link to the second one showing the upgrades in this month software upgrade and stating that the Isis system had been improved. She told me that 48 hours after applying the upgrade Isis should be ready on my phone. She didn't seem to know very clearly what she was talking about, so I just closed the chat.
    When I asked the third representative (a tier 2 I guess) about a NFC SE SIM card, he didn't have an exact idea about it. He ended up sending me one, but now that I received it, it looks pretty much the same than the one that I already have.

It's frustraring how Verizon tries to impose us this cripple Isis service and keeps stubbornly blocking Google Wallet.

Google wallet is no longer blocked, it would not install when I got the phone, but it installs after this latest update.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

It's no longer blocked, but can it do NFC payments?

Quote Originally Posted by morganm00 View Post
    It's no longer blocked, but can it do NFC payments?
    You are correct app is not blocked anymore, but NFC blocked by Verizon. I wont use ISIS just because Verizon wont let us use Wallet. I might have given it a try to compare to wallet but since Verizon does not like competition....

Any resolution on this? I've done the same thing with Verizon multiple times (i.e. chat with rep, explain the upgrade should have fixed it, been sent a new NFC SIM card) but with no success? I've used ISIS with the Razr M and enjoyed it. Although I'd rather they just step aside and realize that Google Wallet is what the consumer wants.

You can get Google Wallet working on the Verizon HTC One!! There are several threads over on XDA on doing that, and it requires a modified wallet apk.

I've done it, and so far none of my purchases have been turned down, though I hear there are problems with vending machine usage. I haven't been able to locate a machine in my area to try it.

Here's the . Make sure to follow the third install method labeled AOSP ONLY.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks. I'll try it and and comment back.

Just installed ISIS on my Verizon HTC One. I updated the operating system to Android 4.3 yesterday. This made ISIS available to my phone. Note that I already had the enhanced SIM card. It's the one that came with the phone when I bought it on August 22nd.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by droidbeat View Post
    Just installed ISIS on my Verizon HTC One. I updated the operating system to Android 4.3 yesterday. This made ISIS available to my phone. Note that I already had the enhanced SIM card. It's the one that came with the phone when I bought it on August 22nd.
    Thanks! I tried just now after the update to 4.3 and it's installing.

I love it. I got my free $50 for signing up and I'm on my 1st of 3 free Cokes.

Posted via Android Central App

I signed up and got $20. I have yet to use it, I did tie it to a debit card though. I doubt it works that many places where I live. The Verizon sales guy's a friend and I think he gets cred for signing people up.
    HTC One Verizon