WiFi connection issues

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting authentication issues when trying to connect to WiFi? The phone will not connect to my work WiFi. Rebooted router and the phone, verified settings and even deleted the network and still no go.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this type of behavior when the authentication is complex, like with WPA/WPA2 and a alphanumeric key with special chars and caps in it, .,e., Th@t1$OneFunkyEncryptionK3y

Some devices don't react well to having to use stronger keys.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I can connect to my home router just not work. I even tried an open and a WEP with no luck. Factory reset on the phone and the router with no luck. I think it is the Westell router. I'll try a new router tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I found an issue when I did the password in small letters instead of all caps. How is the password defined? I too have had issues with non-alphabetic characters in passwords.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well this doesn't bod well for me - as I'm going to get one of these tonight and our home DLS is a Westell. I hope it is not the modem, but something else!

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I found an issue when I did the password in small letters instead of all caps. How is the password defined? I too have had issues with non-alphabetic characters in passwords.

The password was alphanumeric and lower case on the dsl westell router and I used the same password on my netgear router. All I know it works. I just use my netgear as an access point to the dsl. Since coverage sticks in my office without WiFi my phone will die and I needed a solution.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup, my new HTC One won't authenticate on our Westell Modem. Out to twitter I went and HTC was stumped as well, however, I'm going to get a router tomorrow and try that. Tech friend of mine said that is probably the issue because Westell is not a true router. So I'll let you know.

I like the phone and want to keep it so have to to figure out the WiFi issue.

ndewing

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have also been having issues at work with my One connecting to the Wireless. I work at a hospital and have access to the secure network, but when I jump from access point to access point, it ever fully connects back. The key is a WPA/WPA2 with letters and numbers in it. I have not been able to figure out the issue. I also have an issue with my phone connecting to LTE. It mainly happens when I have left work and shows that it has connected to LTE, but I cannot access internet or anything that accesses the internet. It has been bugging out like this since the update from a few weeks ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol