- 1 Posts
Verizon HTC One International 3G GSM?
I am in Bogota, Colombia and have a SIM card that gave my rapidly dying iPhone service on the 3G network. I transferred the SIM card to my HTC One and I am only getting the Edge network. Two questions:
1. Is the Verizon HTC One capable of 3G on a GSM network (it would be odd if it isn't as I think most new smartphones are "world phones" now)?
2. If so, any idea what may be causing it to only get the edge network? Possibly something in the settings?
- 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM #2
- 11-04-2013, 01:02 AM #3
- 54 Posts
- Eclipse 2.1/Rooted .608
Re: Verizon HTC One International 3G GSM?
You may want to google around to try to find the APN settings for that particular carrier. The SIM may be provisioned with a default APN for maximum compatibility. There's also the chance that the carrier uses some strange GSM bands (1700/2100Mhz?) that the VZW version of the HTC One doesn't have.
- By htcone22 in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 10-14-2013, 08:11 PM
- By jaywill13 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 10-11-2013, 11:35 PM
- By bdude21 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2013, 09:43 AM
- By dsx968 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2013, 10:26 PM
- By TheZmanRockz in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2013, 09:06 PM