Now that I'm rooted, how do I hack the stock hotspot?

mtpease

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been digging around all day, and I can't seem to find an answer. I rooted using the s-off method last night, and I've been trying to enable to stock hotspot feature all day. With my previous phones, I was able to use Sql Lite and disable the entitlement check. But, I can't find it on this phone.

I've been using FoxFi, but I'd really like to use the stock hotspot via the toggles.

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If your phone bursts into flames, is otherwise damaged or VZW catches you I am not responsible.

Give this a try. Type the following into terminal emulator.

su
echo “ro.tether.denied=false” >> /system/build.prop

mtpease

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

mtpease

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If your phone bursts into flames, is otherwise damaged or VZW catches you I am not responsible.

Give this a try. Type the following into terminal emulator.

su
echo ?ro.tether.denied=false? >> /system/build.prop

I added that line to the end of my build.prop file, using root browser and a text editor. I rebooted, and I still can't use the stock tether app.

Thanks, anyway.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I added that line to the end of my build.prop file, using root browser and a text editor. I rebooted, and I still can't use the stock tether app.

Thanks, anyway.

I think the line may already exist but it's =true, if it does exist it would need to be changed not added. You may also have a line ro.wifi.hotspotUI that should =1

I have a MiFi so haven't tried this on a One but this had worked for some past HTC devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance