Verizon HTC One - Anyone having Bluetooth issues with Jawbones and the HTC One?

Guvner

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I have both a new Jawbone Icon HD and a Jawbone ERA, both under 50 days old. I can hear perfectly but my customers and Verizon support say I'm fading in and out. I just switched from Sprint about two weeks ago and Verizon went through it with a fine tooth comb and decided my new phone was the problem. They sent out, I presume, a remanufactured phone today and it has the same problems. I can never remember having any problems using these Jawbones on the HTC Shift I had. Anyone else notice Bluetooth problems on this phone? They told me to come in and find a different phone earlier today. I am thinking I'll just get a wired ear piece. Like the phone as it does a lot very well. Once away from my vehicle it's much better. Have 3 vehicles I'm using and all worked fine on previous use with the Jawbones...

Thanks...

Gary

Last edited:

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have both a new Jawbone Icon HD and a Jawbone ERA, both under 50 days old. I can hear perfectly but my customers and Verizon support say I'm fading in and out. I just switched from Sprint about two weeks ago and Verizon went through it with a fine tooth comb and decided my new phone was the problem. They sent out, I presume, a remanufactured phone today and it has the same problems. I can never remember having any problems using these Jawbones on the HTC Shift I had. Anyone else notice Bluetooth problems on this phone? They told me to come in and find a different phone earlier today. I am thinking I'll just get a wired ear piece. Like the phone as it does a lot very well. Once away from my vehicle it's much better. Have 3 vehicles I'm using and all worked fine on previous use with the Jawbones...

Thanks...

Gary

I have 2 jawbone era's & using them on 2 different HTC Ones and they work great. Have you gone to the Jawbone website and made sure the software is up to date. I doubt its the phone.. Im on verizon as well

Guvner

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
It was the phone... Verizon was on the phone with me and told me when we switched to an Apple 4S that it was clear on both of my Bluetooths and go back to the store to find a different phone as I already had my second HTC One from them and they told me they couldn't understand anything I said. Would start out ok for about 30 seconds and then it just got strange.. In fact there is a Verizon feedback area (maybe it's a forum that Verizon answers on and they talked at length about the very problem.)

I use it all day long and there is most definitely a problem. both Jawbones have the latest software and I checked too. Unfortunately I couldn't wait for the fix which apparently is the release of either 4.3 Jelly Bean which partially addresses the problem and 4.4 finishes it off. Sprint's 4.4 HTC One was much better then the Verizon 4.2 HTC One. Anyway...Go to the Verizon Wireless community and look for a post by JohhnyC604 on Sept. 9, 2013. I had to make a decision on a business phone number and opted to change it out for the Apple 5S. Verizon didn't complain much even though it was out of the 14 days. I haven't heard from one customer today that they had trouble understanding what I was saying. (probably had over 20 conversations with it today as well as about 10 short ones. With the HTC I definitely had to take off the Bluetooth constantly to talk clearly. It was good for answering the phone quickly and that was it.

Thanks for responding. I bought my kid an HTC One a few weeks ago and he loves it but he doesn't use Bluetooth. Read up at the Verizon site above. Pretty lame. But they did take care of the problem and Verizon is eons better then Sprint on coverage. Apple is kind of strange phone but oh well... it works on basic things like Bluetooth just fine. On both headsets also.

Gary