HTC One

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to get the files off this phone. And how much does a screen replacement cost?

To get the file you MIGHT just be able to have the PC or Mac read the phone as a flash drive, OR you might need this software....

HTC Sync Manager

HOWEVER, whatever fall damaged your screen might have also damaged something else inside.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you can't unlock the screen you will not be able to retrieve files from the device. Even for Sync to work you have to be unlocked or the phone locks down to prevent unauthorized access to its files. Most times even if the screen is cracked it will still work, be careful of glass shards they are really small and they hurt like you wouldn't believe, however if the screen doesn't display I try to unlock it anyway. It may be that the back light isn't coming on but the screens are still there. I this happen with my Rezound. Try unlocking the screen just as you would if you could see the display. It should be simple to figure out were the little lock is and if you have a lock pattern you should also be able to roughly approximate where the pattern is. If the display isn't visible and attempts at unlock are unsuccessful someone at Verizon should be able to transfer your files for you as long as the phone still turns on. If you are using Assuron insurance through VZW they will usually send the replacement with return shipping for the damaged device and you'll have 10 days, I believe, to get the other phone shipped back to them. Hopefully that will be enough time for you to take both devices into a Corporate store where they should be able to transfer your data to the new device. You can try a vendor however most vendors are only licensed to sell VZW products and either are not licensed to work on them or don't know how. With this being a warranty claim, I'm assuming, I wouldn't want to chance doing anything to void the warranty so a Corp store is the best route.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I hope he came back to read your response! Good call! Yes the cellbright (I think that's what it's called should still be able to do it ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463