Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LED Indicator dimmer when charging after update

Probably not a bad thing, after the 4.3 update the notification LED is not as bright when charging, but bright when flashing for notifications. Before I could see it on the ceiling at night. Anyone else notice the change?
    Last edited by gerrya; 12-18-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Default Re: LED Indicator dimer when charging after update

I'm going to take a guess and say HTC did this because they felt the light was too bright initially. Most likely so you can easily spot the difference between a message blink or charge light at quick glance.

(I know it blinks for messages but I mean a real quick glance lol)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Or maybe it was just too bright, because if you could see it projected on the ceiling that's pretty bright. May have been keeping people up at night. I never noticed mine being that bright, but with the tri-colored case it sits in a perforated mesh of holes that resembles the speaker grill and it's always a little hard to see at any kind of angle.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Works for me, if I wake in the middle of the night I would have to cover the green LED it was so bright!

I agree that this is a good thing. Had to cover mine at night while charging previously, was way to bright.
    Jimbo

Default Re: LED Indicator dimmer when charging after update

Agreed, I noticed it too. With a Double-Dip case (which makes it hard to see anyways) I actually thought that it was a bug and wasn't on while charging at all. But I noticed it again this morning.

Definitely not shining on my ceiling at night anymore.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Glad it isn't just my imagination.

Sent from Tapatalk 4 on my HTC ONE
    Moto Droid X
    HTC Rezound
    Asus Transformer (TF101) R.I.P.

what about battery? Have y'all noticed any difference? Thanks!

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

Drained faster, I'm in the process of running it down to 20 percent. I'll do that 2x, that's what helped originally

dang, thats one thing im worried about. i wanna update really bad but im worried battery will just be terrible. can u post what u find out after draining to 20% twice? Thanks man!

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

I'm confident it'll be fine... But give me a day or two and I'll post back

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

I've noticed that when it got to 60 percent, which I rarely let it get to, (not good), the drain is very slow.

well thats good. I rely on my phone for about 18 to 20 hours a day and i end the day with about 20 to 30 percent. Thanks!

Hey anymore news about battery life after the update? Thanks!

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

It's leveling out. It'll end up about the same as before...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotabaker98 View Post
    Hey anymore news about battery life after the update? Thanks!
    Interestingly enough mine seems a bit worse. Had to charge before evening yesterday because for the first time it didn't go all day. I have now installed a battery monitor app which helps me optimize and also kill apps that I'm not using but stay on in the background so I'll be keeping an eye on it, kinda disappointing tho if this is the way its going to be. I love the ONE tho and shall adapt.
    Jimbo

This is good. The LED was way too bright in dark places. It was even uncomfortable to look at the phone.

Yes, it is dimmer now.

While the dimmer LED is generally better, this means no more shadow puppets on my ceiling.

Yeah I didn't give it a second thought when I joined this thread, but now a few weeks in it's annoying. During the day I can't tell if it's charging, in the case in the living room I can't tell it's charging. I always have to touch it to see if it's charging. Wish it either worked like the screen dimmer or gave the option.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    Yeah I didn't give it a second thought when I joined this thread, but now a few weeks in it's annoying. During the day I can't tell if it's charging, in the case in the living room I can't tell it's charging. I always have to touch it to see if it's charging. Wish it either worked like the screen dimmer or gave the option.

I have found its more the angle that I look at it now that its dimmer. Its dim enough so that I have to sit up in bed and get to an angle where I can see the light coming out from under its housing.

I think they made it dimmer because some dude was in his car with the phone being charged and when the LED faced toward the sky, Air Force One happened to be flying over and within minutes the guy's car was surrounded by the Feds.

Thanked by:
    67GTV 

I meant to "Like" your post legaldeejay, not "Thank" you. But, thanks for the chuckle.

Re: the LED indicator, it is recessed in the speaker grille, and now it is not as easy to see when charging. But it was too darn bright before. Can't you sleepyheads just feel for the connected cable?

I am dissappointed that the notifications still don't flash while charging. I could be mistaken, but I think it flashed on my old Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by TBoltJ View Post
    I have found its more the angle that I look at it now that its dimmer. Its dim enough so that I have to sit up in bed and get to an angle where I can see the light coming out from under its housing.
    Yeah it's all about the angle, in a low light area, but even in bright light it's almost impossible. And yes 67GTV I could feel for the cable but between the kids and the wife my cable is sensitive and occasionally needs a nudge to get it to charge. So while I'm feeling I'll also angle. LOL.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by 67GTV View Post
    I am dissappointed that the notifications still don't flash while charging. I could be mistaken, but I think it flashed on my old Incredible.
    This may help you out if you are rooted.

Look in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml or whatever your CID's xml file is:

<item type="integer" name="NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout">5</item> - change the 5 to 0 and you should get no led timeout.

<item type="boolean" name="NMS_feature_flashlight_during_charging">false</item> - change from false to true and the led will blink for a notification even if it's charging.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast