Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default battery life after 4.3 update? how is it?

So i know its a little soon but i really wanna update to 4.3! i have seen other people on line with AT&T Spring and T-mobile saying after there update they got awhile back it has been crap. But havent seen anything about the verizon update. So has anyone noticed battery drain more then usual on the Verizon HTC One after the 4.3 update? Thanks guys!

Default Re: battery life after 4.3 update? how is it?

Mine seems the same..
    V.good to great .

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

My battery life has taken a hit. But, I guess it's not too bad. I currently have 27% left and it's been 23 hrs since my last charge.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thats about the kind of battery life i get out of my one. my one seems to be a little picky and weird though. some days im dead after at 10% after 18 hours others im at 25 to 30% after 23 hours. Thanks for the info! Should i go ahead and update you think?

The update has screwed up my battery life..just went down 6 percentage points in like 5 minutes after a full charge -_-

Posted via Android Central App

I am also having issues! after about 10 minutes it goes down 5% without doing a thing... this never happened before, idle battery used to be amazing. GSAM says phone radio is the highest but I am in good cell area. Not sure what the update did but my battery life is now terrible when it was once very good.

No noticeable difference, still very good.

after update, battery life sucks, and I can't turn off mobile data when using wifi at home

Battery life sucks after 4.3

Has anyone did a factory reset to see if that fixes the very quick battery drain since the 4.3 OTA?

I've been using a free app called battery doctor that seems to help. After the update I noticed I wasn't getting thru a full day and evening without a recharge. After using the app tweaks which I can't really notice it gets me back to a full day thru the evening charge like before the update. Worth a try, YMMV depending on your personal usage of course. If this didn't help I would have done a hard reset next. Glad I didn't have to go that route.
    Jimbo

Will try this, thanks.

Haven't noticed a bit of difference myself.

I just updated to 4.3 yesterday and my battery life has been tanking ever since. It seems related to HtcDm app, the icon for which began appearing in the icon tray after the update was installed. When I force stop it my battery life improves again, but when I reboot the phone, this HYC Device Manager app stays up again.

It seems this app has to do with looking for new updates. I got 4.3, but didn't get updates to Sense 5.5, so I'm wondering if it is hung up in constantly searching for another upgrade.

If someone knows how to fix this, would love to hear about it!

I also noticed the icon popping up in the tray and didn't know what it was. Just disabled DM and rebooted. Still disabled. Going to see if this helps battery life.
    Jimbo

How did you disable it (as opposed to just a forced stop)?

Quote Originally Posted by geronimosan View Post
    How did you disable it (as opposed to just a forced stop)?

Right next to force stop is the disable button option.
    FWIW I force ed stopped it then disabled it. I've experienced no ill effects as yet.
    Jimbo

let me know if that helps with battery life...one weird thing i noticed is my battery life drops dramatically right after charging. Goes from 100% to 91% with absolutely no use in a matter of 10-15 minutes... then after that it stabilizes and goes back to normal sort of. Does anyone else notice this issue? I'm trying to see if it is just mine or if I should do a factory reset (which i would like to avoid).

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Right next to force stop is the disable button option.
    FWIW I force ed stopped it then disabled it. I've experienced no ill effects as yet.
    Hrm, that disable button is grayed out for me. Did you have to do something to make that button active?

Also with 4.3 I've noticed general lagginess. For example, when I send a text message, the screen will go blank and it can take up to 10 seconds for the screen to come back. Same thing when I open some apps, like facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Santos View Post
    let me know if that helps with battery life...one weird thing i noticed is my battery life drops dramatically right after charging. Goes from 100% to 91% with absolutely no use in a matter of 10-15 minutes... then after that it stabilizes and goes back to normal sort of. Does anyone else notice this issue? I'm trying to see if it is just mine or if I should do a factory reset (which i would like to avoid).
    I received the update last night. Today is my first day off charger and I too noticed it went down to low 90's 1% or 2% at a time faster than it had before. I had looked several times over an hour or so and saw this. I remember the battery acted like this when I first got the One then it seemed to stabilize several days later. Im hoping that the same will happen. Please let us know if you do the reset and whether it helps. 8 hours later and minimal use has me at 82% and I in a weak signal area (wifi only so far).

Quote Originally Posted by geronimosan View Post
    Hrm, that disable button is grayed out for me. Did you have to do something to make that button active?
    No. Mine was not greyed out. No noticeable battery savings yet having DM disabled. Gonna go ahead and leave it this way for awhile anyway.
    Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by TBoltJ View Post
    I received the update last night. Today is my first day off charger and I too noticed it went down to low 90's 1% or 2% at a time faster than it had before. I had looked several times over an hour or so and saw this. I remember the battery acted like this when I first got the One then it seemed to stabilize several days later. Im hoping that the same will happen. Please let us know if you do the reset and whether it helps. 8 hours later and minimal use has me at 82% and I in a weak signal area (wifi only so far).
    I got my update on Friday. I kept putting it off because I was concerned about the aftereffects. I have noticed no difference in battery life. I haven't had it on the charger since yesterday and it's at 87%. I've been playing games and reading too. This reminds me of the Tbolt days. I guess I got lucky then too because I never had the problems that a lot of people reported. Still blown away with the One.

Seems like the battery sensor is just off...because when it dropped rapidly from 100% to 90%, it stabilized, then stayed at 86% for what seemed like an eternity even while using it. Literally stayed at 86% for about 4+ hours. Battery life total seems fine, just seems like my percentage indicator is off at times. Oh well, i think this will stabilize over time.

Are you all using some sort of battery saver app? Even before the latest firmware upgrade my battery still went pretty fast. Some of you talk about your phone being at only 87% even after a day off use. I unplugged my phone from the charger just 4 hours ago and I'm already down to 67%.

I don't use any saver apps. Screen is on auto-brightness. I use WiFi when I'm at home. Everything is stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast