1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem after 4.3 update! please help

Since I have installed this update I can no longer access the storage on my one via usb to pc? Before the update I would just plug the usb in and windows would ask if I wanted to open this mass storage device and I would just click yes and then I was in. Now there is nothing. I tried explorer but cant gain access that way either. Is there something I need to install or change in the phones settings now? Also what the hell is MTP mode? Running stock 4.3 now and was stock 4.2.2 before this update. Do I need to update a driver on my pc now to accommodate 4.3? I am drawing a blank now as to what the deal is??? Can someone please point me in the right direction? And yes I have tried different usb cables

Default Re: Problem after 4.3 update! please help

havent heard of that? weird? what about battery life. have you notiecd any battery life issues since the update?

Having this problem too...has anyone gotten past this?

I had a somewhat similar problem on my HTC Incredible several years ago. Here is my post in that forum on how I solved it. Hope this helps.
    PC can't see SD Card

Okay, when I plugged the phone in today, I clicked on HTC... listed under devices & drives. It opened up a window that let me click on Internal Storage which gave me the access that was needed. Definitely a different process then what was followed before the update (I would click on a drive...now it just asks me to insert a disk).

I installed the HTC syn manager which, I think, installs the necessary drivers. After that, the HTC showed up in windows explorer as findwaldo explained in his post.