Problem after 4.3 update! please help

mgdking

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Since I have installed this update I can no longer access the storage on my one via usb to pc? Before the update I would just plug the usb in and windows would ask if I wanted to open this mass storage device and I would just click yes and then I was in. Now there is nothing. I tried explorer but cant gain access that way either. Is there something I need to install or change in the phones settings now? Also what the hell is MTP mode? Running stock 4.3 now and was stock 4.2.2 before this update. Do I need to update a driver on my pc now to accommodate 4.3? I am drawing a blank now as to what the deal is??? Can someone please point me in the right direction? And yes I have tried different usb cables

findwaldo

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, when I plugged the phone in today, I clicked on HTC... listed under devices & drives. It opened up a window that let me click on Internal Storage which gave me the access that was needed. Definitely a different process then what was followed before the update (I would click on a drive...now it just asks me to insert a disk).

merv007

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I installed the HTC syn manager which, I think, installs the necessary drivers. After that, the HTC showed up in windows explorer as findwaldo explained in his post.