Device Management after 4.3 Update

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I updated my phone to 4.3 this morning, and the Device Management notification came up and I cannot make it disappear. Anyone else have this problem?

Screenshot_2013-12-20-08-45-39.png

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why it won't go away. Device Management is a tool you can use through My Google to locate your phone if lost, wipe if stolen, and lock if compromised. No reason it shouldn't go away.?

droid2517

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue with "Device Management is running" notification in the status bar for over an hour. Restart option from Power button selection didn't work. Finally did a hard restart (Press the down volume and power buttons at the same time for a few seconds until a message pops up saying your phone will restart - It's like pulling out the battery on other phones) and when the HTC One restarted, after a few moments I got the "Upgrade Successful to Android 4.3" message and the "Device Management is running" notice is gone.

Hope this works for you.

Trevor Lett

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Well since I got my phone yesterday I didnt get the update til today but that device management came up googled it and got here thank you so much droid2517

Tosha Pack

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue with "Device Management is running" notification in the status bar for over an hour. Restart option from Power button selection didn't work. Finally did a hard restart (Press the down volume and power buttons at the same time for a few seconds until a message pops up saying your phone will restart - It's like pulling out the battery on other phones) and when the HTC One restarted, after a few moments I got the "Upgrade Successful to Android 4.3" message and the "Device Management is running" notice is gone.

Hope this works for you.
Q: Does this method factory reset your phone?

c0mpsych

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Got "Device Managment..." message in the status bar. Couldn't clear it and tapping did nothing - a regular restart seemed to do the trick - thanks for the tips :) ---- oops its back....

Last edited:

timmyleeturner

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Holding the down volume button and the power button at the same time takes a screen shot on my M8, nothing else. What is a 4.3 update? I'm using Android 5.0.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch