Verizon HTC One - Locked Bootloader Already?

Salim Elayan

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
So I tried going to htc dev and unlocking my bootloader. I get MID not allowed. Seems like the phone I bought has hboot 1.55 and version 2.10.605.1 so I guess I'm stuck waiting. Sucks because I wanted to replace my DNA with the One. I did some research and saw roms for that software version and figured it would be rootable. Should I just sell it? I literally bought it mint condition and now its just sitting turned off.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So I tried going to htc dev and unlocking my bootloader. I get MID not allowed. Seems like the phone I bought has hboot 1.55 and version 2.10.605.1 so I guess I'm stuck waiting. Sucks because I wanted to replace my DNA with the One. I did some research and saw roms for that software version and figured it would be rootable. Should I just sell it? I literally bought it mint condition and now its just sitting turned off.

As far as I remember, Verizon shut down the ability to unlock their version of the one via HTC Dev.

I think xda may have a way but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Salim Elayan

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they did. On XDA there is rumrunner but it is not updated for 4.3. Other methods work if you change your cid to all 1's. But you can not do that wuithout S-OFF. And I do not think you can get s off without an unlocked bootloader, hehe. Guess I will need to wait..sucks I should have kept looking on swappa before buying this phone.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
You might be able to download the firmware for 4.2.2 or older, install that over 4.3 already on your phone, then you can unlock the bootloader with Rumrunner, but I'm not sure.

Posted via Android Central App

Salim Elayan

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The new bootloader prevents you from rolling back. Good thing I didn't try it because it would have resulted in a mint bricked HTC One. Also, I think you need to be root to flash other ROMS/Software.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe there's a way to do a wipe which will wipe the original bootloader? Just making suggestions. I don't know if you can.

Posted via Android Central App

Salim Elayan

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
No that is a good idea. I did a full wipe on my DNA the other day but you have to do so using custom recovery. Which is installed after you unlock the bootloader. I'll keep any eye on XDA, hopefully the dev there in charge of rumrunner can update his utility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87