Anyone ditch their Galaxy S4 for the HTC One?

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 a few months ago and I regret it now. I had an HTC EVO and an EVO 4G previously, and they were both great. My company switched me from Sprint to Verizon and the One wasn't available yet, so I went with the much hyped S4. I am starting to hate it. I can't hear/feel the vibrate function, it's not strong enough. The camera is meh, and there's one speaker on the back only. And the screen is not bright enough even when maxed out if outdoors. I know the One is better in all these areas. Just wondering how others feel about the One after switching from a GS4.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, first off, having used both for awhile, I find the HTC One to be much better in terms of build quality and feel, due to it having an aluminum unibody and the curved back . It feels premium enough to tell the difference even though the difference isn't much.

I didn't have any problems with the vibrate on the S4 though and I always feel every single call and message I get on it, if not on sound alone then both or just the vibrating. I personally have no problem with that front.
I use headphones alot so the single speaker on the S4 doesn't affect me that much, but if you value audio nothing beats the HTC One for pure sound bass and clarity and power.

Pictures I feel look slightly better on the HTC One even with a lower megapixel camera on it. I'm not entirely sure about the technical specifications that the HTC One's camera has but I just see better lighting (low light), vibrancy and definition there as opposed to the S4 's camera.

As for speed, the S4 takes the cake.. I believe it has a higher clocked Snapdragon so it feels snappier.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Thomas Bair

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep swapped mine out at the 14 day point over at best but. The ONE is way better. The browser on the GS4 kept locking up. And the music quality was crap.

Posted via Blue ONE