Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you get rid of Blink Feed?

It's pretty useless right, so what's the best way to make it go away with out rooting? Can you just use a different home screen and relegate it to another screen, or can you just make it feed something minimal? Thanks in advance.
    HTC One Verizon

Default Re: How do you get rid of Blink Feed?

Use a different launcher. I recommend Nova Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.launcher

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3

once you update your phone to android version 4.3 there will be an option to turn off blinkfeed.

I'm almost sure you can go into settings/personalise and change your home screen style to default instead of blinkfeed try my method and post back if it works

sent from my Nexus 7 ultimate modded edition

Experiment with different launchers. There are some excellent ones out there. Nova as mentioned above being one. To stick with stock really limits the android experience imho.
    Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Raidah Kabir View Post
    once you update your phone to android version 4.3 there will be an option to turn off blinkfeed.
    Did you mean 4.4 and sense 5.5?

Quote Originally Posted by xceeder View Post
    I'm almost sure you can go into settings/personalise and change your home screen style to default instead of blinkfeed try my method and post back if it works

sent from my Nexus 7 ultimate modded edition
    You can change your home screen to another panel but you cannot delete the BlinkFeed panel. As far as I know you need sense 5.5 to get rid of it.

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

You can go to another launcher. I'm using the Google Experience Launcher, which is available from this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506488.

I really like it, because the Blinkfeed screen is replaced with a Google Now screen. Much more useful to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I surrently use Beautiful Widgets on my Galaxy Nexus, will that work on the One (plan to get it this week)?
    HTC One Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    I surrently use Beautiful Widgets on my Galaxy Nexus, will that work on the One (plan to get it this week)?
    I'm sure it will. Its an android app. I happen to use fancy widgets which works fine. Same thing. Even if for some reason it didn't it would not be a reason to pass on the ONE.
    Jimbo