HTC One: What DON'T you like about this phone.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Going either One or G2 soon. Leaning One. For the One some cited pros include nice build (except some with gap at top), nice bright screen colors, speakers, camera, and battery life (same as G2). What are some common Cons?

Last edited by a moderator:

nmdonahoe

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: What DON'T you like about this phone.

The G2 has a better camera (opinion). Other than that... None that I can think of.

Sent from Tapatalk 4 on my HTC ONE

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I'd like the power button to be on the side. Its placement on top is awkward. Apart from that, I can't think of a con.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I love it, only phone Ive seen that I could read in bright sunlight. And even though the speakers aren't very loud, once you've gone front, you can never go back again :)

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I miss my menu button...I've got the Home button programmed as Menu with a press and hold but still not as convenient as a dedicated button.

Posted via my Honestly TerrifiC One

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I hate not having a removable battery. That's about it. I do wish the speakers were as loud as they were before the 4.2 and 4.3 updates.

I miss my menu button...

I feel you, but I've become use to the home button solution. I would like it if the home and back were flipped.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I have no complaints. Most trouble free, solid phone I can recall owning. Battery could be better, but not a big deal. My last phone was the razr max, so I'm prejudiced in that regard. ;)

I would like it if the home and back were flipped.
Yeah, took me awhile to get adjusted to this. moto's are the opposite as most other phones are as well. Not a big deal anymore tho.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site

I miss my menu button...I've got the Home button programmed as Menu with a press and hold but still not as convenient as a dedicated button.

Explain how you did that please. I did get one the other day, still learning it.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Explain how you did that please. I did get one the other day, still learning it.

Settings; Display, Gestures, Buttons; Home. Selecting this option gives you three choices for one button): tap for Home, press and hold for Menu, and swipe up for Google Now.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Camera is very average at best. Not a fan of power button placement. Frequently hit home button when typing a text/email/etc. wish I could use gmail app and have it show up in blinkfeed.dont really care for notification light in speaker grill.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site

I've had it for 2 weeks. A few comments. Battery: I found that leaving my WiFi on at work led to 40% of the battery useage being WiFi by the time I got home (no WiFi at work). The battery use doesn't include the item "screen" like my old phone. Now most of battery used is "phone idle" whatever that is. So with light to moderate use and WiFi off at work I have 60% left after 14 hours. I talk very little, mostly delete emails and answer a handful and txt a few times. My older Galaxy Nexus was at recharge every evening by 6-7 PM. I like the battery. Camera takes some getting used to, but takes good pix. I haven't figured out the Zoe mode yet. Sound superb. Phone is fine. Screen excellent. Speed great. I like that you can make/trim ringtones to use. So far so good.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I tried both the G2 and One, ended up returning the G2 and going back to the One.

As far as what I don't like about the One: Blinkfeed + Sense. they are just awful.

But Nova Launcher or Google Experience Launcher both work great on this phone and get rid of that problem, I still wish there was a way to disable Blinkfeed even though I never see it.

As far as comparing both phones:

The G2 had better battery, and better stock OS, but horrible sound quality for phone calls was bad, reception seemed worse also and the screen had very noticeable grid in the background.(part of the touchscreen technology I guess.)

The HTC One has a worse button layout and Blinkfeed/Sense. It also has a slower CPU but I actually think its smoother than my G2 was.

Overall the HTC One just felt much nicer and performed much nicer than the G2.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

After about 2 months with it I only have one minor complaint and that's battery life. Got spoiled by a razr Maxx. Other than that love the phone, even with the needed afternoon battery boost.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The camera, oddly enough. Low light performance and color balance doesn't seem quite right.

I also don't like the bezels. Either the screen should have been larger or the phone should have been narrower. That probably would have shrunken the battery but if it was even 1mm thicker the battery could be even bigger. It's as good as it gets for size it shape but for my needs it could have been a little better. Breed this phone with a Droid Maxx and give it the camera of the S4 (wick my wife has and i think it takes better photos) and you get my perfect phone.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Only thing i miss about my DRMHD is the blue icons in the notification bar. So far I am still learning the device as I have only had it 12 hours.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I was complaining about the battery life then discovered by leaving WiFi on it got a lot better. Now I get the whole day with a bit left over. I had thought it would be the other way around.

Only thing i miss about my DRMHD is the blue icons in the notification bar.
I had the DRM and miss the same thing. Love that blue.