Verizon HTC One - Dilemma, need advice

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Currently using the Droid Maxx. Up until the Kitkat update, I loved this phone...Fast, no lag, great battery life, etc.....

But now it lags like my S4 did with 50% less battery life from before the update. This brings me to the HTC One forum.

Droid Maxx is going on Ebay once I decide what phone to change to.
Now the dilemma:

G2 was an option but the call quality issues scared me. The recent update fixed most issues but created corp email sync issues which is a deal breaker for me.
S4. Had it. Sold it. Poor reception
Note 2. Had it. Sold it. Liked it but prob too big for my front pocket.

Since I am a heavy user with email, calls, nav, travel apps (Tripit, Flight Track, etc), Drop Box file sharing, document viewing (multiple times daily), I need a reliable phone that has great voice quality and strong performance. A good camera is a nice option but after the abysmal camera on the Droid Maxx, I don't think there is anything worse out there. I understand battery life with the HTC One will not be stellar; so, I don't mind carrying a juice pack in my bag when traveling.

Any business travelers out there that rely on the HTC One (VZW) without issue?

Thank you in advance.

Pete

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
hey bud!
Ive been running an HTC ONE for about 6 months now. I live in a rural area, which is always a test of both battery(always pulling for signal) and signal strength. So far, this phone has been amazing! I have it rooted, and Im running the UNSenseONE Rom. Its been the most stable and reliable 4.4 rom that I have tried for my conditons. With this rom battery performance is good, not stellar with heavy use but like you said, for a phone like this thats understandable. Hope that helps!

Currently using the Droid Maxx. Up until the Kitkat update, I loved this phone...Fast, no lag, great battery life, etc.....

But now it lags like my S4 did with 50% less battery life from before the update. This brings me to the HTC One forum.

Droid Maxx is going on Ebay once I decide what phone to change to.
Now the dilemma:

G2 was an option but the call quality issues scared me. The recent update fixed most issues but created corp email sync issues which is a deal breaker for me.
S4. Had it. Sold it. Poor reception
Note 2. Had it. Sold it. Liked it but prob too big for my front pocket.

Since I am a heavy user with email, calls, nav, travel apps (Tripit, Flight Track, etc), Drop Box file sharing, document viewing (multiple times daily), I need a reliable phone that has great voice quality and strong performance. A good camera is a nice option but after the abysmal camera on the Droid Maxx, I don't think there is anything worse out there. I understand battery life with the HTC One will not be stellar; so, I don't mind carrying a juice pack in my bag when traveling.

Any business travelers out there that rely on the HTC One (VZW) without issue?

Thank you in advance.

Pete

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate the reply.

Simple actions like capturing receipts via camera for the Concur expense app is still an issue with the Droid Maxx. How has the medium to low light image quality been? Easy focus on documents?

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I use my One to capture receipts for Concur and I have had no issues. I can generally spend an entire day out of my office, relying on my One for everything and not have a great need to charge until I get home. Yesterday was probably the worst battery performance I have seen yet. I came off the charger at 7am, then was in a fringe area from 12 to 7 pm, making some calls and sending a few emails, (I had my laptop set up as well). When I got back in the car around 7, my battery indicator was amber, (I don't recall the percentage). I could have made the 40 minute drive home without charging if I needed to, but since I was in the car I charged. Also there was probably 1.5 hours of Pandora use yesterday.

Posted via Android Central App

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Also use mine while I travel. Battery life has been awesome for me (just came from the Rezound where I was lucky to get 30 minutes screen on time) and I've had no problems using Concur.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae