Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default broken mic.. anyone else?

My HTC One's MIC stopped working today, speakerphone didn't fix it either. No one one the other line can hear me (tested on a half dozen lines between 2 locations)
    making calls in my car worked fine though (my car has its own mic).

I took the phone home tonight and got all my pics off it and tried a factory reset, didn't fix the problem(I also tried pulling the sim card) . tomorrow I'll bring it in to verizon to get a replacement.

anyone else had this issue?

Default Re: broken mic.. anyone else?

Crap happens sometimes. Sounds like you've tried the usual fixes. I have not had this issue, but would have done what you have tried before going to Verizon for a replacement. As phones go the ONE is one of the better ones for solid, good workability. Good luck with your replacement.
    Jimbo

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Happened to me and since I did not buy it directly from Verizon, had to ship it to HTC for repair. It was covered under warranty, just had to pay for shipping it there.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by sirflex View Post
    Happened to me and since I did not buy it directly from Verizon, had to ship it to HTC for repair. It was covered under warranty, just had to pay for shipping it there.
    thanks for sharing, I was worried about this also because I had the blue htc one and its a best buy exclusive.. so I figured verizon would maybe send me away to best buy or to htc directly for my warranty claim. But when I went to the store they spent about 5 minutes with it and then did a replacement order for me. it will be here friday.