Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do I need Battery Doctor or Clean Master?

I am using both right now but do not if I need them both? Advice?

Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Do I need Battery Doctor or Clean Master?

Quote Originally Posted by cristianocr7 View Post
    I am using both right now but do not if I need them both? Advice?
    I don't know about Battery doctor, but with Clean Master, it removed residual files when you uninstall an app. That alone is a nice feature.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Those apps are generally garbage. I've never cleaned an Android phone, never used a task killer or battery thing. The One has a sleep option in Power settings that shuts of the data search when it's sitting around. I leave that one.
    HTC One Verizon
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have the Sleep mode on as well. I deleted battery doctor and noticied battery improve big time!
    Clean Master, unsure of? Whether it works or not, I do not know?

I come from iPhone and most recently Windows, was concerned about viruses, etc... If I do not have to clean anything and just go about my biz, that works for me.

I deleted battery doctor and noticied battery improve big time!
    After using battery doc off and on for a few weeks I've noticed a power savings and better battery life after deleting it off my ONE. Kinda weird since its supposed to improve battery life.
    Jimbo
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Did you delete Clean master too? I'm new to Android and never used these types of programs with either iPhone or Windows.

Did you delete Clean master too? I'm new to Android and never used these types of programs with either iPhone or Windows.
    Ditch it. I remember when I got my first Android phone (the HTC Incredible, great phone) 4 years ago the guy insisited I needed the Task Killer app. NOT!
    HTC One Verizon
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks. I did hear you don't need all that junk as Android is suppose to work on its own. with that said, I downloaded File Manager. I have no idea why and see no use for it unless I am missing to learn about it? Looks like my file folders on my PC ?

I am using both right now, but do not if I need them both? Advice?
    You don't necessarily need either, but it's nice to have both. Battery Doctor itself doesn't prolong battery life, it has it to where you can setup personal settings, like turn off wifi, and data. Battery doctor helps your mobile device recharge more efficiently, my tablet was taking way too long to recharge so I used this App, and the recharge rate was increased significantly. That's really the only reason to have Battery Doctor, for the 50% faster charge.. Now Cleanmaster is very nice, it is the best App Killer/Task Manager App out there that I could find. Androids App Killer does not do nearly as much as Cleanmaster, nor does it go as deep into your system like Cleanmaster. Get rid of Battery Doctor, unless you want a faster recharge. Keep Cleanmaster, you want it to clean Junk Files mainly your Cache, and Risdiual Files. Also, using this to uninstall is best, when you uninstall Apps it leaves "risdiual files" behind, those can reach any size, even had one junk file that was 250mb, that's a big file for residuals. I've been using Cleanmaster around 4 weeks now, and I've cleaned over 6gb of junk files already. Even Battery Doctor leaves risdual files. Cleanmaster's App Booster is better than App Kill and Battery Doctor. Stopping power draining Apps, and boasting ram. Having open ram is always wise. Cleanmaster has everything Battery Doctor has, except for recharge booster. Keep Cleanmaster, I also have CM Security App, which goes right along with Cleanmaster. It's a very good anti-virus program for your mobile device. Keep Cleanmaster...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thank You. After installing CM, I get an option to lock Facebook, messages and Twitter? It says I can lock down due to privacy issues?

Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    Those apps are generally garbage. I've never cleaned an Android phone, never used a task killer or battery thing. The One has a sleep option in Power settings that shuts of the data search when it's sitting around. I leave that one.
    It's true. I quit using them after trying some for nothing. All they do is waste resources and battery.
    Thanked by:

I want to know that why there are two battery apps of the same company. Like cm battery and battery doctor.

Can anyone tell me why their are 2 battery apps of the same company. Like battery doctor and cm battery. And which is better

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Moiz Afzal View Post
    Can anyone tell me why their are 2 battery apps of the same company. Like battery doctor and cm battery. And which is better

Posted via the Android Central App
    Please read the posts in this thread, No one who posted is using them or apps like them. In the comments you will see that you are better off without them.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.

Default How to deactivated find phone feature or delete/edit the number on clean master security?

Why do I need to give my contact information for the Lock mode?

When your device is locked, you can choose to display your phone number and email address on the device. This means that if you lose your phone, the kind stranger that finds it will easily be able to contact you to return it.

I have used that feature on clean master security but now I uninstalled it because I want to edit it but I have no idea how to delete or edit my contact information?

Thanks for your help...

Regards...