KitKat Default Widget Lockscreen

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
So after installing KitKat I noticed that my Nils Lockscreen app was pushed to the right Lockscreen instead of the default one. Anyone know if it's possible to have widgets on the default screen?

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not that I can see, so that makes them useless since I can swipe up (instead of right to left) to see my home screen widget. I hope they fix this huge mistake. Sure app devs aren't happy either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I think they are just attempting to implement the AOSP, multiple screen lock screen within their own. Personally, I'm fine with it, but what I don't understand is why there is such a limited number of widgets available to use on it.

Sent from my HTC One

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
If you were using nils lockscreen widget and liked it (I did), I think the only way to get the same thing only better now is to get nils Floating Panel from the play store. Its a really nice implementation. I went ahead and got the paid upgrade ($.99). There are also several themes to choose from. Its an overlay, not a widget. So it will work on a non-widget lockscreen. Here's a pic of my lockscreen.Screenshot.jpg

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you were using nils lockscreen widget and liked it (I did), I think the only way to get the same thing only better now is to get nils Floating Panel from the play store. Its a really nice implementation. I went ahead and got the paid upgrade ($.99). There are also several themes to choose from. Its an overlay, not a widget. So it will work on a non-widget lockscreen. Here's a pic of my lockscreen.View attachment 103943

Side note, your notification bar is way to busy lol

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I hope they fix this too. They would have to use an overlay setting to get it. Since they enabled lock screen widget mode by default. They probably wanted to be sure those who didn't want lock screen widgets, didn't have to see them, but easier to change. So they put it to the right. Since its not just "widget" mode, but "lockscreen widget" mode. Besides, widgets are made by the developers, so maybe this will get more involved.

Posted via Android Central App

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Kinda silly not being able to do lock screen widgets on the lock screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

J2W2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to get owner information on the lock screen using the Nils Floating Panel? I have a Verizon HTC One, and they don't provide any way to enter owner information.

I'm currently using the free version of Nils. If I upgrade so that I can have custom themes, is there any way to display owner information using that?

Right now I'm displaying it on custom wallpaper with Nova Launcher, but that means it shows on every screen I'm on. I'd really like to just display my contact information on the lock screen.

Thanks for your help!

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm using widget locker which replaces the lock screen with one that I then have the nils widget on. So far so good.