1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kit Kat 4.4 battery slayer!

I usually don't get furious over stuff, but the battery depletion on my HTC One after 4.4 update is maddening.

Doesn't make it half a day. The last 27% died in 10 mins. Went from 14% to 1% in literally 1 min!

Battery settings shows only apps consuming power, shows no hardware or Os consumption.

Anyone seeing this as bad? Any fixes?

Kit Kat 4.4 battery slayer!-screenshot_2014-02-08-19-23-31.jpgKit Kat 4.4 battery slayer!-screenshot_2014-02-08-19-23-48.jpg
    Just when you think you know it all, you've learned you know nothing

Default Re: Kit Kat 4.4 battery slayer!

The dreaded hard reset is what I would do if I had the issue. My battery is unchanged thankfully. A call/complaint to Verizon and they would tell you the same.
    Jimbo

My battery life actually improved. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by inc2fit View Post
    I usually don't get furious over stuff, but the battery depletion on my HTC One after 4.4 update is maddening.

Doesn't make it half a day. The last 27% died in 10 mins. Went from 14% to 1% in literally 1 min!

Battery settings shows only apps consuming power, shows no hardware or Os consumption.

Anyone seeing this as bad? Any fixes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-08-19-23-31.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	104000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-08-19-23-48.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	104002
    Try factory resetting it. Sometimes that is what needs to be done. If that doesn't work take it into verizon and maybe they will replace it for you.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Try factory resetting it. Sometimes that is what needs to be done. If that doesn't work take it into verizon and maybe they will replace it for you.
    Although I love you're avatar, I disagree. Verizon won't replace it without at least doing some trouble shooting. Step one will probably be a factory reset.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

This will be my first day on a charge. This morning was not looking promising as I dropped over 15% in what seemed like a few minutes. Looking at my history it seems to be pretty level but after work will be the real show for me. I already have a plan in place to do a factory reset, as much as I don't want to, but some times you gotta do what you gotta do.

On a side note inc2fit is that your critter? Are you planning to go back to Gilwell?
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

My bettery life is as good if not better after updating to 4.4.2 as it was before, which is excellent.
    HTC One Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Although I love you're avatar, I disagree. Verizon won't replace it without at least doing some trouble shooting. Step one will probably be a factory reset.
    Well that is a given. I Didnt mean they would replace it right away. If it continues having issues after they do all their "trouble shooting" then they would replace it

My wife and I are seeing the same thing on our HTC One's since Kit Kat - horrible battery life. I would easily go 8+ hours now I'm lucky to get 3 or 4. In addition, it doesn't connect to 4G quickly or at all after going away from WiFi.
    Thanked by:

Agreed .. battery life after the update has gone right down the tubes .. when I go to sleep it's around 80% .. when I wake up in the morning there's a warning on the screen that I'm at 14%. I've even reinstalled the update, deleting all content, did NOT reinstall my apps, disabled BlinkFeed. It's almost like anytime I'm stationary - I feel like I have to plug it in.
    Thanked by:

This may be a bit different from what I've been hearing, but I've noticed that while my battery does seem to be somewhat worse its not really "that" noticible until I hit around 40% left. Then it drains like somebody pulled the bathtub plug. I'm considering the ramifications of a full, back to factory fresh reset. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I knew it would help, but if its for nothing then what a hassle. I don't see a good reason to back up stuff that might be in cahoots with the issue then reinstall a tainted backup, so id be starting from scratch.
    Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    This may be a bit different from what I've been hearing, but I've noticed that while my battery does seem to be somewhat worse its not really "that" noticible until I hit around 40% left. Then it drains like somebody pulled the bathtub plug. I'm considering the ramifications of a full, back to factory fresh reset. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I knew it would help, but if its for nothing then what a hassle. I don't see a good reason to back up stuff that might be in cahoots with the issue then reinstall a tainted backup, so id be starting from scratch.
    This seems to be my problem around right around 40/50%. Then two hours later telling me I'm at 4

I'm trying out a very minimalistic launcher(sick sky). It seems to be helping noticibly with my power issues. Its definitely not the launcher for everyone, but its kind of growing on me. No frills, small footprint. I'm liking it so far. Plus the better battery life is the plus. YMMV depending on how you use your device, but I've always thought widgets took to much power anyway. I don't see why manufacturers just can't put decent batteries in their devices. One thing for sure for what these damn things cost my next phone will have a decent battery or they can keep it.
    Jimbo

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Mine seems to be great, I am a moderate user though. Kit Kat 4.4 battery slayer!-2014-02-13-02.20.17.jpg
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Did the htc back up and reset first, same battery life. Did the Power button and vol down factory reset BIG diff 5am yesterday to 8am this morning still had 23% left. moderate use