Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Does the HTC One come already unlocked?

I don't have a HTC One yet but I have been wanting one for the past week and cant stop thinking about getting one but I want to go to Straight Talk and use the HTC One. Does the HTC One already come pre unlocked or do I need to get it unlocked? If I need to get it unlocked where do I even begin? Im new when it comes to unlocking the phone to work on other carriers. Any help would be awesome. Thank you

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: Does the HTC One come already unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlosaloty View Post
    I don't have a HTC One yet but I have been wanting one for the past week and cant stop thinking about getting one but I want to go to Straight Talk and use the HTC One. Does the HTC One already come pre unlocked or do I need to get it unlocked? If I need to get it unlocked where do I even begin? Im new when it comes to unlocking the phone to work on other carriers. Any help would be awesome. Thank you
    If it is from a specific carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) then it is locked. The international version should be unlocked so you can use it on different carriers.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    If it is from a specific carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) then it is locked. The international version should be unlocked so you can use it on different carriers.
    That's what I was thinking but was wanting to make sure..... How would I go about unlocking a Verizon HTC One? Or can I even do that?

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Vlosaloty View Post
    That's what I was thinking but was wanting to make sure..... How would I go about unlocking a Verizon HTC One? Or can I even do that?
    You can call Verizon to see if they will give you an unlock code. Also, I do not think a Verizon HTC One will work on Straight Talk. This was a good article I read on it: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...th-it--1194370