Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Exclamation Does the HTC One come already unlocked?

    I don't have a HTC One yet but I have been wanting one for the past week and cant stop thinking about getting one but I want to go to Straight Talk and use the HTC One. Does the HTC One already come pre unlocked or do I need to get it unlocked? If I need to get it unlocked where do I even begin? Im new when it comes to unlocking the phone to work on other carriers. Any help would be awesome. Thank you
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Does the HTC One come already unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlosaloty View Post
    I don't have a HTC One yet but I have been wanting one for the past week and cant stop thinking about getting one but I want to go to Straight Talk and use the HTC One. Does the HTC One already come pre unlocked or do I need to get it unlocked? If I need to get it unlocked where do I even begin? Im new when it comes to unlocking the phone to work on other carriers. Any help would be awesome. Thank you
    If it is from a specific carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) then it is locked. The international version should be unlocked so you can use it on different carriers.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Does the HTC One come already unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    If it is from a specific carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) then it is locked. The international version should be unlocked so you can use it on different carriers.
    That's what I was thinking but was wanting to make sure..... How would I go about unlocking a Verizon HTC One? Or can I even do that?
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Does the HTC One come already unlocked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlosaloty View Post
    That's what I was thinking but was wanting to make sure..... How would I go about unlocking a Verizon HTC One? Or can I even do that?
    You can call Verizon to see if they will give you an unlock code. Also, I do not think a Verizon HTC One will work on Straight Talk. This was a good article I read on it: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...th-it--1194370

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One: Android 4.4.2 update
    By SCNFan in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 05:11 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 08:19 AM
  3. Need help with video calls between the Galaxy S Blaze and an iPhone
    By androidfan4000 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 12:21 PM
  4. G2 Stuck at HTC screen and eMMC read error - Please Help!
    By archos in forum G2 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 11:28 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions