clearing cache partition

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone needed to do this yet? I did find a thread to it. But I have not noticed any lag yet

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't have a One, but I do it on all my devices once every month or so. Keeps everything snappy. It is highly recommended to do after a system update.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't have a One, but I do it on all my devices once every month or so. Keeps everything snappy. It is highly recommended to do after a system update.

Good to know. I had to do it weekly on my rzor maxx HD weekly. And with just doing the kk update last week I have not noticed any lag. The only thing I have done so far is a power cycle.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Surprisingly it is easier on the one than the nexus 7

I personally hate it when OEM makes it difficult to get into recovery. I understand it is one of those things where 'Yes, I really did mean to do that', but still I have seen some where it is almost 10 steps long to do so....:-\

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to the OP for this good info. My ONE has been running fine, but I cleared the cache anyway. As someone mentioned a monthly cleaning is probably not a bad idea at all. Today will be a full day with a clean cache and I'll be noticing if battery life is any improved, its been ok, but better is good :)

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks but I was wondering this doesn't do anything for me home screen or receiving her phone right its not like a factory data reset. Because I want to do this my girlfriends phone she is a galaxy s4 and for some reason menu and back button captive buttons will no longer vibrate. I've gone through all the settings and everything I think I'm going to this to my htc 1 and I just want to make sure that I can do anything from my home screen or my pictures are such.

Posted via Android Central App

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is the only change i've noticed with the following step: HTC logo appears followed by a blank, dim screen. Now, tap all three together: power, volume up and down, and release immediately.
I found this step works by pressing just the vol up and the power simultaneously not all three which was almost impossible to do.
Good find. Thanks