Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VidJunky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Well I'm not sure when the update came out and I didn't log in to AC until today, so as you can can probably guess I'm late to the party. I spent the day in a couple of threads about volume issues since the update but have yet to experience any issues with that yet.
    Things I don't like:
    The black and white battery indicator. I know it's minor but I do miss that little splash of color.

There are now 6 or 7 apps that I can no longer disable. Plus most of my defaults have changed.

Swipe up from home button doesn't seem to open Google Now anymore? Edit: must swipe slower and touch the Google.

Things I'm iffy on:
    The gallery. I like the sideways swipe to change the view but the views are... iffy? Using the full width kind of cuts up some pics.

Larger views in the multitasking view and now it seems some apps close?

Things I like:
    Turning off BlinkFeed. Not a fan.

The quick settings screen, and being able to edit it how I want.

Longer times on the screen time out. Still miss the screen always on but I'll take the longer time out.

Ability to bypass lock screen when waking the phone and going straight to the security screen.

Change the app drawer layout from 3x4 to 4x5. Home screen is next?

Now I've only had it for about 3 hours so those who've had it for 3 days I'm really interested.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by VidJunky; 02-10-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Default Re: What do you like and/or hate 4.4?

I hate that it turns on WiFi automatically if you have a low signal.

I hate that it now wakes when I plug it in.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

No lock screen options like gallery pics and stuff

Samsung Mesmerize 2.1
    LauncherPro

Yeah, the inability to have lock screen widgets on the lock screen is huge

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I hate that they removed the battery API, because now apps like Wakelock Detector no longer works, and I can no longer figure out what is draining my battery.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by masseurca View Post
    Yeah, the inability to have lock screen widgets on the lock screen is huge...
    I still have lock screen widgets, except when I choose bypass lock screen, which I both like and dislike. Unless your talking about a lock screen profile, like Gallery.

I have also noticed that "yes" my battery seems to go down faster, and the first time I charged it the phone seemed to take longer to charge.?

I don't like that I can't find the app association screen anymore and I'm having to wait until I encounter a situation to make those choices again.

I like that, I'm assuming it means your current settings, it tells you how many pics you can take and how long you have to record when you open the camera.

I haven't figured out the swipe up for Google Now completely. If you do it too fast it won't show and if you do it too slow it won't show.?

Haven't encountered the WiFi enable thing yet, but that's kind of a waste if when it enables you are not near a known WiFi connection or don't have one.? I'll have to look at the settings and see if it can be disabled the way "Notify me" was able to be disabled.?

I also hate that the One didn't get the dual camera shot, but the OMax did.

As for this thread it seems that there is more to not like than like about the update. Hopefully some more likes will start rolling in.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by masseurca View Post
    Yeah, the inability to have lock screen widgets on the lock screen is huge
    I guess I was mistaken for what it was you were saying. However you can have widgets with the lock screen maybe not on it. If you swipe to the left, from the right, there is an additional screen which allows the addition of at least one widget. I didn't look into it any further because I don't use it but did want to let you know that it was there.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Can't say that I like anything specifically but hate that my blue tooth call quality is now really bad on all of my devices (2 Jawbone, 1 Plantronics hands free).
    Now everyone on the other says the quality is horrible and on my end I get a fuzzy static sound about every 5 seconds.
    Did a master reset, no change.
    Anyone else notice a change in blue tooth call quality?

Wow.. makes me want to wait a while to install once the update hits T-Mobile.
    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

The "Themes" for creating the video highlights in the Gallery changed. Kinda liked the default themes on the previous updates......wish we could have just gotten additional themes rather than previous ones replaced with new ones.

Battery life has gone right down the tubes ..

Can't change lock screen wallpaper now. wtf...

Sent from The One

STILL no kill all apps feature in multitasking? Again wtf

Sent from The One

I've not found a single thing I like about the update. Except being able to rearrange the quick settings.

dislike.....It broke a lot of little things and makes the phone seem to run slower.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Multanii YO View Post
    dislike.....It broke a lot of little things and makes the phone seem to run slower.
    I feel somewhat the same way but the factory reset has restored a lot for me. Battery life after the reset is first day out the box for me, I can't complain about the speed cause I've not felt the slow down even before the reset, and the return of app control over GPS has made me forget what I thought was broken. At least for awhile.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
    Thanked by:
    bruteforce037 likes this.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

The headset that came with the One. After Kit Kat would act up like when I played music the Mic would stay open.

Battery became terrible.
    I finally did a factory reset and battery is a lot better, not draining fast any more and the headset issue has been fixed.

I like it overall. My phone runs faster and the animations are better looking. On the bad side, I hate the three dots menu button in some apps that is impossible to deactivate.

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    z4 root running stock ROM

Just noticed today since the update that the zoom feature in the camera is no longer there

Sent from my HTC One
    "I aim to misbehave" Capt Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo91 View Post
    Just noticed today since the update that the zoom feature in the camera is no longer there

Sent from my HTC One
    Its still there, just the bart is gone. You now zoom by "pinching in / out" with your fingers on the screen.

I hate that you can't bypass the security screen anymore on the HTC One M7. You HAVE to do the "swipe to unlock," even if the lock screen is disabled. I use Gravity Screen to access my phone just by picking it up, and this "fix" has ruined it. I don't need my hand held so that I don't pocket dial.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by chronatos View Post
    I hate that you can't bypass the security screen anymore on the HTC One M7. You HAVE to do the "swipe to unlock," even if the lock screen is disabled. I use Gravity Screen to access my phone just by picking it up, and this "fix" has ruined it. I don't need my hand held so that I don't pocket dial.
    I've never gotten a confirmation that it works if you are not using a security lock, like face or pattern, but there is a setting in the security settings that allows you to by pass the swipe up to unlock. I'm using but I'm also using the face lock feature.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    I've never gotten a confirmation that it works if you are not using a security lock, like face or pattern, but there is a setting in the security settings that allows you to by pass the swipe up to unlock. I'm using but I'm also using the face lock feature.
    You are correct. I have had to default to face lock because it's the only hands-free option available. Using it in conjunction with disabling the swipe to unlock allows you to bypass the swipe. Unfortunately, with Gravity Screen, it locks as soon as the app turns off the screen, whether you have set the phone to lock Immediately or after 15 Minutes. The whole point of Gravity Screen was to bypass having to press the top button every time I want to use the phone.

Now no matter what I do, I have to go through an extra step to access my phone, which is disappointing.