1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE the sequel

I'm pretty interested in this for the battery size alone. Does anyone else think its time to trade in their ONE in a couple of months?
    Not sure how crazy I am about the all onscreen buttons. This may be the new trend tho.

Last edited by cbreze; 02-14-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Jimbo

Default Re: HTC ONE the sequel

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Not sure how crazy I am about the all onscreen buttons. This may be the new trend tho.
    I'll never be able to afford a mid contract upgrade, nor would I be able to justify the expense, but it does sound good. For the most part, except for the on screen buttons. There was a huge debate over screen real estate when the GNex premiered followed by the Rezound. It may have been the way Sammy allocated the space but it definitely seemed to take away from the overall of the phone. I don't even see the benefits of the on screen buttons, other than a slightly reduced bezel size. In which case they could put the buttons on the side of the device for all I care, just give me something I feel.

I know one poster in another thread was hoping for 3GB of ram and a better processor than the 800. Well it looks like they got half of that in the 805, but really would 3 be that much of an improvement over 2GB if you're never taxing the memory that hard? I can't say that there has been anything I've done with my One that I was like this is taking forever or this could be a little faster. I mean it's pretty much a beast. I am curious how much of an improvement the 2,900 mAH battery will be with a more powerful processor? HTC is kind of known for under sizing their batteries and this just seems like another one of those cases where the battery will be bigger than previous batteries but once you factor in all the improvements the performance will be about the same. Just a feeling.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Love the One and I would certainly be interested in an HTC One part 2.
    But...if they take any design cues from the HTC One Max I will pass (plastic band around the phone defeats the look of the aluminum body).
    It will also need to be at least a Snapdragon 800, 2300-2500 MHz, 32-64GB, 2-3GB RAM, 5" screen .... and a 3000mAh battery would be nice.
    Yikes....my perfect phone looks eerily like a Note 3, LG 2 or Nexus5.....
    That being said, the HTC One part 2 needs to match or trump what already exists.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It does seem hard to improve on the original "ONE". Htc made a really solid device there. Why they have to go cheap on battery is beyond me tho. I thought Moto's maxx set the new battery bar and others would follow along. Not really happening. Love the one, and bigger battery, slightly bigger screen and same solid build are pluses for me. The onscreen buttons I've never been a big fan of. If the device locks up and appears dead how would it be rebooted? Back in the day I had devices that could be rebooted by inserting a pin into a very small hole and pressing. Simple, and they had hard buttons! Go figure. I'll be watching for the One2. I am interested at this point.
    Jimbo