2 google play services in running apps?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Is this normal? In my running apps I see 2 Google play services running. One using 14MB and one 28MB. Can anyone explain what this is for?

Bull Winkle1

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Have you figured it out? I have 3 GooglePS running taking up 51mb of RAM. Android is so inefficient. I can't believe I need Clean Master to manage power. I can't believe that devices w/ 3gb or RAM can still lag. I'm getting a Nexus in hopes that it will not need a nanny to manage power. If not, I'm ready to fore go the bells & whistles of Android, for a mature, competent, dependable, efficient iPhone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Android is so inefficient.

Android is very efficient, it just handles RAM like Linux, which is different than how Windows paradigm expects it to behave. You don't want to minimize RAM usage.

I can't believe I need Clean Master to manage power.

It's not needed and it's actually detrimental. Clean Master (and similar apps) interfere with the normal processes which would reduce performance hiccups - and actually create them on their own.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Android is very efficient, it just handles RAM like Linux, which is different than how Windows paradigm expects it to behave. You don't want to minimize RAM usage.

It's not needed and it's actually detrimental. Clean Master (and similar apps) interfere with the normal processes which would reduce performance hiccups - and actually create them on their own.

This should help http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...partition-stock-recovery-un-rooted-phone.html

Ryan G1

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I feel the same way!!! All those bs security apps do nothing but slow down the system even more and with the Android, especially marshmallow already have built in security features.. I've owed the s5(great phone) and currently own the s7 edge with marshmallow which actually runs a built in security and maintenance check through the settings.. Now I was told you don't need the extra security apps even the bloatware that comes on the device.. After all someone pays to have there app become bloatware.. If I'm wrong someone please send a link or a thread to counter this claim. I'M all ears

Ryan G1

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Yeah i wish i knew the answer as well! I did notice that I have a what looks to be a newer version of Google play and a older version..
Im afraid to disable or uninstall..
I can only assume that maybe since I use standard Google chrome aswell as beta chrome and I have 3 gmail accts. Aswell and somehow I have not synced the 2 chromes or my gmail acct... But I do feel that both are unnecessarily.. Especially since I feel my phone is dying way to quick!!!!!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513