Unsafe Volume Warning After KitKat Update

badadjective

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I recently updated my Verizon HTC One to Android 4.4.2 KitKat and HTC Sense 5.5 per the scheduled carrier update (http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/htc-one.pdf) and now I'm getting an unsafe volume warning every single time I turn my volume up past approximately 50%. I do mean every time, so if I turn my volume down briefly and then back up I get a warning and must hit a button to continue. This is extremely annoying and disruptive and I have found no setting to turn off the repeated warnings. This was not an issue prior to the update. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

67GTV

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This new volume warning only appears when using headphones. I recommend using headphones with built-in volume control.

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ive been getting this warning since my S3. its not only when using headphones, it also occurs when I have it plugged into my headunit or receiver. It only happens once for me though. as soon as I bypass it, it wont happen again unless I close the app.

dv8info

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
OK, I first saw this issue posted on these forums in 2012, and STILL Google IGNORES their users! And for me this is not because of an old OS or proprietary phone software because this is a Nexus 5! And as for "safety" - it is still confusing when I plug it in the car and expect it to work, whether it is the car stereo source or some problem with the stereo or the fact that Android has locked my volume down again - the safety issue for me is will this cause an accident!? I'm surprised Google isn't facing any lawsuits for something along these lines. I find the prospect of a driverless car produced by this company extremely disturbing. And I'm now finding this annoying piece of unusabilty beyond "mildly annoying", it is becoming increasingly frustrating and infuriating. Shame on you Google-Android.

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
This is one of most hated, useless and stupid features of the latest Android updates. To add insult to injury, Google rooted this crap in several deep places of the OS to prevent it from being disabled (at least in the HTC One). Probably the only way to kill it is rooting.

There are innumerable threads in all forums of people complaining about his nonsence.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance