HTC One: How do I /why can't I make camera zoom?

Stashsmom

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
So Verizon pushed kit Kat 4.4.2 on me the other day and I hate it! I can't figure out how to make the camera zoom in? The slider is gone and it seems to want to default to Zoe. Honestly, If I wanted to have to play with my camera every shot, I'd carry my DSLR with me. The inability to zoom is maddening! Help?

Last edited by a moderator:

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I /why can't I make camera zoom?

So Verizon pushed kit Kat 4.4.2 on me the other day and I hate it! I can't figure out how to make the camera zoom in? The slider is gone and it seems to want to default to Zoe. Honestly, If I wanted to have to play with my camera every shot, I'd carry my DSLR with me. The inability to zoom is maddening! Help?

Pinch out and the slider reappears.

Posted via Android Central App

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Zoe is on when it us blue in the display. Tap it to turn on and off. With your fingers pinched together on the screen move them apart and #zoom

Posted via HTC One Android Central App

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I figured this out the hard way, screaming and moaning! FYI, you can "pinch" the whole zoom in or out, you dont need to use the bar, just enough "english" on your pinch :)

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I figured this out the hard way, screaming and moaning! FYI, you can "pinch" the whole zoom in or out, you dont need to use the bar, just enough "english" on your pinch :)

FYI apparently you can't do this while in Zoe mode, only standard camera.

Posted via my Honestly TerrifiC One

Last edited:

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site

FYI apparently you can do this while in Zoe mode, only standard camera.

Posted via my Honestly TerrifiC One
Yeah you can't zoom in Zoe, just regular photo and video. Zoe is kind of cool though, I used it a few times this weekend. I can't quite get the sequece feature when you edit. I get it using the regular camera when you hold the shutter button down and it takes a bunch of shots of a moving subject, but not in Zoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007