Free Google Drive Storage?

nmdonahoe

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting the offer for more storage with HTC Advantage. Any body else not seeing the storage. My phone is as stock as you can get. I've tried going under the Product Tour menu as well. Any thoughts?

Sent from Tapatalk 4 on my HTC ONE

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting the offer for more storage with HTC Advantage. Any body else not seeing the storage. My phone is as stock as you can get. I've tried going under the Product Tour menu as well. Any thoughts?

I chatted with HTC Customer Service and told them I was upgraded to 5.5 but did not receive my Drive upgrade. They sent me an email with activation instructions...worked for me, and I now have 40g of Drive storage!

Posted via my Honestly TerrifiC One

Last edited:

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Followed you lead. They made it right.

Awesome! Although I'm pretty nervous about Google's privacy policy in Drive, I had my phone stolen a couple of weeks ago and lost about 3 months of data in several apps...so on my replacement I'm pushing everything into the cloud and that extra 25g will come in handy!

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Followed you lead. They made it right.

I didn't know about this. Thanks for the post. They've just sent me the link for my extra storage. But I'm wondering what will happen after the 2 years period.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know about this. Thanks for the post. They've just sent me the link for my extra storage. But I'm wondering what will happen after the 2 years period.

Here's what Google's support page says:

What happens to my files on Drive after the offer ends?

All of your files will remain in Drive and you can access, download, or share them whenever you want. You won?t be able to add additional files if over quota unless you buy more storage at https://www.google.com/settings/storage.

Here's the full support page:

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/3333549?hl=en

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
My question is why I don't see Google Drive in my app drawer..
I have a Google Drive account and can get to it through the play store by hitting the open GD button, so I have it but can't find it in my apps..
Thanks for any help you can give me..

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I believe it'll cost you about $5 a year for that amount of storage

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think, probably they'll start charging something because by then we'll be all locked up.

- - - Updated - - -

My question is why I don't see Google Drive in my app drawer..
I have a Google Drive account and can get to it through the play store by hitting the open GD button, so I have it but can't find it in my apps..
Thanks for any help you can give me..

Try reinstalling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke