1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One File Transferring Problems???

I just got my Verizon HTC One, and after getting it setup and updated I wanted to put some music and movies on it. The drivers started installing once I plugged it in via USB to PC. After everything seemed good to go, I tried to drag & drop a movie or music and it would take FOREVER, then finally tell me that there is an "Error transfering (file) - the device has been disconnected or an error has occured" This happens with just about every file type. The files were anywhere from 5mb-1.5g, I can drag & drop pictures though....

Also the HTC Sync Manager doesn't recognize my HTC One even after changing it to "Internet pass-through"

I found the only way I could transfer files is through AirDroid, which is kind of annoying.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: HTC One File Transferring Problems???

I had a similar issue with a previous HTC phone and it turned out to be the wire I was connecting with. Are you using the charging wire? That is the best. If that isnt working then try a different wire to see if that works. I went through several phones before I found out it was the wire.

Default Re: HTC One File Transferring Problems???

While there is merit to which USB cable you use to connect to a PC/Mac - as TBoltJ suggested, use the charging cable. I think koganox's issue can be resolved by enabling "Developer options" which thereby turns on "USB debugging" and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). Here's what I put together from others' advice.

Enable "Developer options"

Settings > About > Software information > More > Build number >

Tap on "Build number" seven times. Developer options is turned on.

If you want this developer option to be turned off, then there is a slider on top of Developer options which you can click. The slider will move to off. This turns off developer options but it does not hide it from the settings menu.

Hide "Developer options" from the Settings menu

Settings > Apps > All > Settings > Clear data