Defective One - go through Verizon or HTC?

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
So, my One's top speaker sounds like blown and the phone is still under full warranty. Who would be better to contact: HTC or Verizon?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
HTC. If it's an issue like a blown out speaker, the warranty should cover it. That way you don't get charged like you would if you were using an insurance claim

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
HTC. If it's an issue like a blown out speaker, the warranty should cover it. That way you don't get charged like you would if you were using an insurance claim

Thanks. I'm not under insurance, but still with the factory warranty.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a blown speaker issue on my HTC rezound. Verizon Sent me a replacement under warranty

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I had my camera replaced through HTC. My phone was in great shape with 0 other issues so I didn't want to mess with a refurb from Verizon. When I got my phone back it was updated and at the time s-off wasn't achievable. I contacted Verizon and they sent a replacement (really wanted s-off again so I figured I'd try it)...it had horrible gaps and the body didn't line up. It also still had the camera issue. I sent it back right away. If you like the shape your phone is in and can handle it being gone for a week, HTC is by far the way to go.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Verizon sent me a refurbished one with a huge gap on the top edge that I sent back inmediately. Then they gave another without gaps but with a tiny dent in the bottom edge. Anyways, I can very well live with that. So far no problems with the replacement... knocking on wood.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Verizon sent me a refurbished one with a huge gap on the top edge that I sent back inmediately. Then they gave another without gaps but with a tiny dent in the bottom edge. Anyways, I can very well live with that. So far no problems with the replacement... knocking on wood.

Wow. That sucks D:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon's CLNR program is iffy at best, but if you have a problem, just send it back. A CLNR should look like new.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro