Upgrade my phone

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Probably. Most people really like it. The phone is about a year old, and I think there may be an updated model due within a few months, but I know nothing about what it may or may not have compared to this One. Personally I think that Android smartphones are close to the limit on screen resolution and speed and features. From there it's a matter of screen size, memory, battery life, and the speaker. This phone's pretty great at all those. The looks are a personal taste thing.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Rezound and I think I'd still buy this one over about anything else that Big Red has to offer. I considered the One Max but it was just so big. I'm sure the screen size would be nice for vids and pics but being a pocket carrier it just seemed like too much. The One 2 that bignewt was eluding to has some pretty good specs and interesting sounding features but honestly I'm happy with my One coming from the Zound. The big plus to upgrading to the One X is that you're getting an incredible phone for pretty cheap these days.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering the lg g2 also, don't care for the blink feed feature on the One

Dave: Sent from my Nexus 7

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Verizon rep told me today that it can't be turned off, just moved to different home screen?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Verizon rep told me today that it can't be turned off, just moved to different home screen?

I think it was an option to be removed in 4.3, but 4.4.2 made it persistent again

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Great phone but they pooched it with the buttons on the back.
I like LG and hope they get away from that particular design change.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Great phone but I figure the next generation must be due soon so I'd wait if you want to be on top of the newest technology.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
4.3 didn't give the option to remove it, once 4.4.2 hit, the option is there to turn it off. my stock unrooted One finally has it off.

I think it was an option to be removed in 4.3, but 4.4.2 made it persistent again

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Had thunderbolt with single core. Then rezound with dual core that blew thunderbolt away. Now I have a one and it blows rezound away. But March 25th the new one will be out, take a look at that, if you don't want to pay 250.00 for new one the old one should be free by then. Can't go wrong either way

Posted from the ONE!

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I'd definitely wait for the all-new One. Even if you still want the original One, you'll get a big discount once the new one comes out

Sent from my HTC One

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
It would be better to wait for the next One. However, don't rush to get it. Wait for the people to get their hands on it and read the reviews. If the next surpasses the current One, it will be my number 1 recommended phone by far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith