Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TBoltJ
  • 1 Post By thebignewt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Loses 12% of Battery Charge Overnight (KitKat/Stock VZW Phone)

When I go to bed, I'm at 100%, when I wake up I'm at 88% (give or take a few depending on when I go to bed/wake up). Does anyone else have this issue? I don't want to be leaving my phone plugged in all night, but it seems like the only way to keep it full. I've upgraded to KitKat, but the phone is otherwise stock. I've got a few widgets running, Android Central, Gmail, Google Voice, and Transparent Clock, but I'm not sure if this is typical or if something I'm running is a big battery suck. My wife's iPhone, on the other hand loses nothing or maybe 1% on whilst idle overnight.

Default Re: HTC One Loses 12% of Battery Charge Overnight (KitKat/Stock VZW Phone)

Toggle of data before bed.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One Loses 12% of Battery Charge Overnight (KitKat/Stock VZW Phone)

Really? That's a pretty inconvenient fix.

Well your talking about 1-2%loss per hour. Phones perform differently. Pushing one button before sleep doesn't cause me much inconvenience

LG G3
    Ambassador
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

What would be nice is if there was a built-in setting on the phone where you could set the data to turn on and off like an alarm. Maybe there's an app for that, I guess I should check. What I'm thinking is, I most likely won't remember to turn it off most nights. I imagine that the night's that I do remember to turn it off, I'll probably wake up and not realize data is off and wonder why I have no email, Internet etc.

Even more convenient way is NFC tags. You can set one near a night stand and just swipe past it to turn off data. Then another to switch it back on.

I haven't gone this route but can see myself doing so

LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I use deep sleep battery saver. It shuts off data after an idle time, yet occasionally turns it on for a minute at regular intervals so your phone can check mail and sync. Pro version has custom scheduling for leaving off all night. Saves a lot of battery that way, sleeping or awake. Can also check network before shutting data off, so it doesn't kill a download when you shut your screen off. Pro version has better custom scheduling.

Look in SETTINGS/POWER/SLEEP MODE This gives the option to turn off the data connection during periods of long inactivity.
    67GTV likes this.

Plug the thing in when you go to bed like everybody else. It doesn't hurt anything. Phones use some power doing nothing, they all do. These things aren't Blackberry Curves.
    HTC One Verizon
    67GTV likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

TBoltJ I actually have that option on (to turn off data during long periods of inactivity). I also finally remembered to turn off data before I went to bed, phone still lost 8% of battery overnight.

Could it be your phone is in a weak reception area and your phone is looking for a signal throughout the night? I think that's what's happening with my phone.