Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: USB not working

I have a problem on my HTC and I was working through the answers and found yet another problem. My phone will show a notification to go download HTC sync Manager but it is never recognized by my laptop. I'm using both Win 7 Hm and Ubuntu. My wife has the same phone and when I plug it in it works! With her's my laptop beeps and shows up. I have developer settings set to USB debug on both phones. I've tried rebooting and resetting the phone also. Am I missing something else?

Default Re: HTC One: USB not working

Um don't know why it's doing that but you should try this method just for laughs. first uninstall the driver in the Device Manger and then press to update it >> then press Browse my Computer for driver Software >> then press on Let me pick from list.... >> in the list choose the Portable Devices >> choose MPT USB Drive. It should start working again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No workie. Checked all my USBs and can't tell which is the driver for my phone. Nothing says anything like HTC or whateverso don't know what to delete. I really think it's a phone problem. I reboot to Ubuntu and plung in my wife's htc one and it reads it. I noticed I am missing a app called "htc sync manager sync agent".
    Her phone has it and I don't. I searched and can't find any info on it. Thanks for the replay though.

I think ranman505's issue can be resolved by enabling "Developer options" which thereby turns on "USB debugging" and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). Here's what I put together from others' advice.

Enable "Developer options"

Settings > About > Software information > More > Build number >

Tap on "Build number" seven times. Developer options is turned on.

If you want this developer option to be turned off, then there is a slider on top of Developer options which you can click. The slider will move to off. This turns off developer options but it does not hide it from the settings menu.

Hide "Developer options" from the Settings menu

Settings > Apps > All > Settings > Clear data
    1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks but when I stated in the first post "I have developer settings set to USB debug on both phones." I had already tried that. I just tried on my office computer running XP and it dos not work either. I really think it is the phone not the computer. My wife's phone has a app my phone does not called "htc sync manager sync agent". I really don't know how to get the app on my phone either.

Maybe use a different synch app. I sort of hate the fact that this phone doesn't show up as disc drive on my Mac the way my Samsung GN did. I could drag/drop on that, not this thing.
    HTC One Verizon

I found this site that says it is offering the APK for that app. Not sure if you have Outside sources checked or not, but if you try to install this and you don't it will ask you to turn it on. Here is the web page, the install is to the far right. There may be other sources for this APK but this was the first one I found. Also not sure why you wouldn't have it unless you have disabled it while disabling apps or disabled one that controls this. You know you always get that warning that disabling this app may cause other apps to stop working or what not. You will have to navigate to the site from your device and open there since you can't connect to a pc to transfer files.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

thebignewt I can't use anything because my phone will not work with any computer I plug it into a USB. I guess I can set up one of my servers to sync with wifi and then do resets. I did one hard reset but had to reenter all my info. I'll look into using one of my servers for that.
    VidJunky Thanks I saw that and downloaded the apk and installed the app. Still didn't work. I think I need to a hard reset so I'll find some way to back up. I also went in and enabled everything I disabled just in case.

Try a different USB cord. Thats where all my troubles were. Are you using the same cord as when you plug in your wife's phone?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thought I'd bump this up again. STILL NOT WORKING. I can also plug a mini-USB stick into my wifes HTC one (m7) and see it on the phone using a file manager. On mine it never shows up.

ranman505- I have the same problem. USB charging is fine, but any sort of PC interaction is out of the question. Did you find a resolution yet?