Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default HTC One: Can't get phone to power on

Over night my phone wonked out on me. It does not power on. When plugged in, there is no light to indicate that it is charging. The home and back buttons are lit and will blink once when I push the power button. Anybody know how to fix this? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Can't get phone to power on.

Quote Originally Posted by geck0man View Post
    Over night my phone wonked out on me. It does not power on. When plugged in, there is no light to indicate that it is charging. The home and back buttons are lit and will blink once when I push the power button. Anybody know how to fix this? Thank you in advance for your assistance!
    Welcome to the forums!

Remove the phone from the charger and let is sit for for a few hours. Plug it in and again let it sit while charging. Try to power it on and see if it boots.

Default Re: HTC One: Can't get phone to power on

Quote Originally Posted by geck0man View Post
    Can you get to the boot loader holding power and vol down?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Default Re: HTC One: Can't get phone to power on

That's one thing about not having a removable battery. I let my battery die the other day and it didn't appear to be charging and would not power on, my buttons were not on, and my indicator wasn't lit showing that it was charging. I put it on charge and left it for awhile and noticed that after 10 min or so the indicator was lit. Then I was able to power it on. I know you can simulate a battery pull by pressing up on the volume while powering on which is great if your device is powering on but I haven't seen or heard of an instance where anyone did the simulated battery pull on a device that didn't seem to be powering up.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.