Need Help Clearing Everything from Brick'd One before Return - Thanks

jasonetc

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Good Morning

I bought an Unlocked HTC One on ebay. Used it for a few weeks and started having issues. Would randomly shut down and restart saying it was installing updates. Mobile Data had to be toggled to get it to retrieve emails etc. It would get stuck in a perpetual reboot loop as well.

Now it is in the perpetual reboot loop and I'd like to make sure all of my data is gone before mailing back to the seller. I can get into the recovery menu screen and it says "Locked" up top, S-On. Each time I choose recovery or factory reset, it simply goes back into a reboot loop.

Any ideas?

Thank you

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As you can probably guess from the lack of response, most feel as I do, that there's no way to ensure your factory reset has worked. As for your boot loop issue what have you tried? Have you tried booting without the sim? On my Rezound if it got stuck in a boot loop you could get it to stop by booting without the sim. Also if it is continuously booting you could try holding up on the volume button to simulate a battery pull. Of course try both together because at this point you have nothing to loose, right.

GL

jasonetc

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks - The SIM card has been removed as I put it in a new phone. So, that didn't work - I'll try again with the volume up button trick