New to the Verizon HTC One M7. Should I allow update to 4.4.2?

robw

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. Brand new to the HTC One - came from the Rezound and the Incredible before that. I've seen a number of posts re: problems created by the update to KitKat so have been deferring the update for now. I know that the forums tend to be heavy on people experiencing problems and very few people post to say "all is well". Trying to get a consensus re: the update - should it be avoided or have many people had no/few problems with it? Thanks!

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problems with 4.4.2

It does seem that with any technology, forums seem to attract a disproportionate level of people with problems and complaints.

I am about to break my addiction to this site, since all that is here are complaints about things that work fine for me, and messages about rooting. I have rooted enough phones that the novelty is gone. Although I do find humor in the people that are convinced that any phone is worthless unless rooted. :)

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problems with 4.4.2

It does seem that with any technology, forums seem to attract a disproportionate level of people with problems and complaints.

I am about to break my addiction to this site, since all that is here are complaints about things that work fine for me, and messages about rooting. I have rooted enough phones that the novelty is gone. Although I do find humor in the people that are convinced that any phone is worthless unless rooted. :)

What I'm getting tired of is forum members impatiently clamoring for updates, burning mfrs and providers alike at the virtual stake for holding them up; then the minute an update gets pushed here comes the endless tirades about everything the update jacked up. Seen it over and over. Sigh.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

robw

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. I typically wouldn't hesitate doing the update, but between the posts on the forum here and them pulling the update in the UK, it gave me pause. Loving the phone so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463