Sense 6 Update

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't download any of my music on the Google play music app offline since I got the update..could the two be related?

Posted via Android Central App

I just downloaded the Sense 6 update and I'm also unable to download music from my Play Music subscription. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

Wynnsman

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So ive just noticed that if you tap twice on the lock screen the phone turns off. Have you all noticed this or have I had too many Sam Adams?

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
So ive just noticed that if you tap twice on the lock screen the phone turns off. Have you all noticed this or have I had too many Sam Adams?

I can't do this with the Sprint version so I'm thinking it's the latter.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I was a couple of days late to the party, but I've finally downloaded the new Sense. Anyway, there are some things I like about it and some not so much. I like the new lock screen. Before when I used facelock I could never see my calendar stuff so that's nice. I'll have to look and see what other lock screen options I have now because I know lock screens were a big issue when the 5.5 update came out. I also like the clear all apps button on the multitasking screen. I don't like the black and white icons on the settings screen. I didn't like it when the battery icon went black and white and on the settings screen it seems to make things harder to find cause they all blend together. Even the clock widget I was using has gone black and white, well grey and less grey. In the app drawer I like that the menu stays at the top all of the time now and not just when you scroll all the way to the top. It makes adding and removing things from the hide list easier, and sorting apps easier. I find that the phone charges really fast anymore, and if I don't do too much the battery seems to drain slower. Since I'm not able to find the extreme power saver mode I'm guessing it's always on by default. I haven't noticed any extended life if I'm using the phone however and that's what I was hoping for from that feature. I may look into Blinkfeed again, even though I was so happy that they finally allowed us to turn it off in 5.5, just to see if there's anything there for me to like now that it's improved. I'll also have to look into the color scheme to see if that can be customized. I'm not too fond of the new colors. I guess that goes back to the grey on lighter grey color scheme that I mentioned earlier. I'll also been going through and changing all of the sounds. I haven't checked specifically for the old sounds that I had, I read someone else's post about all of their favorite sounds from 5 and 5.5 are missing in 6, but mixing up all of the familiar sounds I had is kind of annoying. Luckily I did the update on Friday because I would have been late to work due to the new alarm sounds I was defaulted to after the update. Overall though I'm still a Sense fan, just wish we could customize it the way we can customize so much of our Android experience.

Jake Vinson

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! Last week, I had to send my phone off for the purple tint issue on the day that the Sense 6 update came out. I just received my phone back today, but with Sense 5.5 installed. When I have selected "check new" in the software update menu, my phone checks for an update (it sits at this screen for a couple of minutes), but then eventually just backs out of this menu (no error message, anything) into the general settings menu. I have tried restarting the phone multiple times. Any ideas of what might be happening/how to solve this issue to get the Sense 6 update to run through? Also, I am currently running software version 3.11.605.1.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Why do they keep changing the fonts?? Every update the letters get skinnier and harder to see! Dont they know Im older now than when I got this phone?? :) ?? Only useful thing Ive found so far is the kill all apps button but beyond that, just eyestrain (and of course the ever changing sounds, like whats making that noise, oh, its me!), Anyone else find anything good?

shorlocker

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Why do they have to mess with the default alarm sounds etc? I finally found the one I liked before and now it sounds tinny like it's a cheapy device without any sound quality! Anyone else notice this with their sounds?

cristianocr7

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Sounds do stink. I just use a song. Does anyone know how to change color of the ringtone bar? Ex: press volume up and down, it is awful green color. This occurs even after I changed color theme.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

67GTV

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
A few things I have noticed so far...

Lock screen
  • Screen lock circles are much smaller, therefore requiring more precision.
  • Lock swipe-up sends me to the last screen I was on.
  • Lock swipe-right sends me to BlinkFeed if activated. Otherwise sends me to the last screen I was on.
  • Lock swipe-left sends me to the screen just left of the center screen, regardless of Home screen. This is weird.
Gallery
  • Date is no longer visible when using scrollbar.
  • No more two-finger rapid scrolling.
Miscellaneous
  • Launch bar no longer has a black background.
  • Gap between the Launch bar and the next row of icons is larger.

Last edited:

RyanMXA

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My clock at the top of blinkfeed is gone, how do I get it back.
I wanted to change my alarm, which normally I would go and tap the blinkfeed clock, then change the alarm. Suddenly, I was confused of how to change the alarm, why is this difficult?

I found out if I swipe down from the lock screen from the clock, a box appears, then I select the clock and boom now I can change the alarm.
I am guessing that the box that appears allows you to select a notification.

indybillis

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Specifically, Google Play Music, auto back up of pictures to Google +, and MMS over wifi. I've been in touch with HTC and they say I have to perform a hard reset of my phone. I just don't think this is the answer. The Sense 6 update broke the functionality of these options. Very pissed as I'm burning through my data.

indybillis

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Since the Sense 6 I can no longer receive or send MMS ver wifi, not mention stream Google Play Music or auto back up pics to Google pictures. Using a a different wifi network doesn't work...using a third party MMS app doesn't work. HTC is telling me I have to do a hard reset and wipe my phone. As far as I can tell, all other functions over wifi work fine. Help!

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes! Since the Sense 6 I can no longer receive or send MMS ver wifi, not mention stream Google Play Music or auto back up pics to Google pictures. Using a a different wifi network doesn't work...using a third party MMS app doesn't work. HTC is telling me I have to do a hard reset and wipe my phone. As far as I can tell, all other functions over wifi work fine. Help!

Do what HTC says...

djbarg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My mms will also not work without turning data on. Be for sense 6, it would automatically download using my data connection. Just a minor inconvenience, but seems like they could have left this alone?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So far the only improvement ive seen is the ability to change from the rear camera to the front camera with a swipe instead of having to go through the menu. Otherwise, the usual meh!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49